SSMC Final Round Match-ups & Fixtures - Saturday 28th Feb

A forum for all the prediction / hattrick league competitions - I've moved the La La League back out into its own forum again.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Re: SSMC Final Round Match-ups & Fixtures - Saturday 28th Fe

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

The good news - I got the most points and just put down whatever came into my head this week. That's the way forward for next year.

The bad news, we lost.

Well done, Blues and many thanks to the lovely Sherl for running it. Now we just need to organise handing over the trophy (for one year only!)
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

As looked likely, the Blues' 12 point lead going into the final round proved too much for the Reds and the Swanwick Saint Memorial Cup returns to the Pompey end of the M27.

Ziggy top scored for the round with her 9-3 defeat of Selsey Bill, with Ned Kelly a close second in his 8-1 thrashing of Wally. Mrs Jasper's recent loss of form continued as she also scored just the 1 point, losing 6-1 to FEE, though she can console herself having finished 3 points and 7 places above Jasper. LiT's late late show (predicting exactly on the 2pm deadline) could only bring a 3-3 draw with JL to end up with the wooden spoon. Rob the Saint's 3-2 win over Junglist meant that all 3 of the Red's victories came from the their three lowest placed players at start of play.

At the other end of the table, St Jim and USPF, 2nd and 3rd in the table at the start of play, also drew (5-5), just enough to ensure they retained those positions in the final table. However, That's Rich's 6-5 win over Lindford saw TR and FEE move up to 4th and 5th respectively, denying Lindford the chance to move up to 2nd place, eventually finishing 6th (serves him right for swanning off to Cambodia mid tournament!).

That just leaves one player to mention, whose 7 win and 1 loss record saw him finish 4 points clear of the chasing pack, so well done to Bluesbro' who takes the individual honours.

Thanks to you all for taking part, Dougie would be proud of every one of you and totally bemused that his memory lives on through this competition, over 10 years after his early bath.

Mine's an HSB. Cheers!

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Ref Ziggy's comment about handing over the trophy, she and I have exchanged PM's and agree that a gathering (bash) is long overdue so we're hoping to organise one toward the end of the season. I suggest we go back to Dougie's old haunt, The Old Ship at Swanwick, for the venue. Will post a new thread in due course.
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

Think it's the first time in years that i've finished with a positive points total. Yaaayyy!!!
Vince
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

I might have to phone the Old Ship on the night and say hi to a few peeps, just to get a taste of a bash.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:Ref Ziggy's comment about handing over the trophy, she and I have exchanged PM's and agree that a gathering (bash) is long overdue so we're hoping to organise one toward the end of the season. I suggest we go back to Dougie's old haunt, The Old Ship at Swanwick, for the venue. Will post a new thread in due course.
I'd be up for that.

RIP Dougie, a good match-up played in good spirits. Many thanks to Sherl for all his efforts in running it :thumb Well done Pompey, and hard luck Saints. Special mention to Ziggy for her efforts in coordinating the stripey ones (& Jasp too).

Hope we (help) keep his memory alive on here for a good few more seasons yet.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Thank all.

Perhaps this and the round 8 could be 'shipped' off to the compos section for posterity now, please, and I'll aim to run it again later this year :thumb