jubilee?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: jubilee?

Post by Mr Nuts »

Never mind grace jones At least she displayed some kind of talent with the hula hoop lol . Cliff Richard was total pants . Paul McCartney sounded awful and kylie can't sing live either . Steve wonder was good and Tom jones sounded ok .
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

formerly known as wrote:there was something sad and regressive about it imho. Proud that I can be proud of my homeland without looking like a 40 something year old **** with my facepainted waving a 99p shop flag.
I think most of the flags were given awAy by hello and ok magazines !
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Post by formerly known as »

Norman Piper wrote:
formerly known as wrote:there was something sad and regressive about it imho. Proud that I can be proud of my homeland without looking like a 40 something year old **** with my facepainted waving a 99p shop flag.
I think most of the flags were given awAy by hello and ok magazines !

Ooow that's makes it slightly worse, slightly..
Albie McCann's Legs

Post by Albie McCann's Legs »

Someone should have told Rob Brydon that Winston was John Lennon's middle name not Macca's who's just happens to be Paul what with him being James Paul McCartney.
You can see why Brian May shied away from doing it this time, the aging artists cannot do it live anymore and today's young crop will be gone and forgotten in a flash.
If that was the cream of British comedians lord help us, somebody deport Lenny Henry quick I'm amazed he never shouted out "Katanga!", Gary Barlow may have just blown his knighthood for inviting Grace Jones & Rolf along, maybe the should have let Cheryl Cole or whatever surname she uses now mime because she can't sing live.
We won't be seeing another gig like that again, thankfully.
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Post by formerly known as »

anyone that parades Cliff and Macca (outside of the Beatles career) as best of British should be shot..
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Also at the end the queen on a stage stood next to Cheryl cole with will I am in the background I found quite insulting .
WMatty
Milan Mandaric

Post by WMatty »

Phillip's 'bladder infection' was in fact the injuries he sustained after carrying out his threat to repeatedly punch himself in the c**k "rather than watch that talentless bunch of fawning ****s."
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

WMatty wrote:Phillip's 'bladder infection' was in fact the injuries he sustained after carrying out his threat to repeatedly punch himself in the c**k "rather than watch that talentless bunch of fawning ****s."
JLS and Cliff Richard or a quiet night in a private hospital? It's a no brainer really.
Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Far Post Brisley »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
WMatty wrote:Phillip's 'bladder infection' was in fact the injuries he sustained after carrying out his threat to repeatedly punch himself in the c**k "rather than watch that talentless bunch of fawning ****s."
JLS and Cliff Richard or a quiet night in a private hospital? It's a no brainer really.
Especially as there was The Smurfs on Sky Premiere, surely that would have suited a man recovering in hospital, rather than Cliff, Macca, etc

I must admit to being impressed with the 64 year old west Indian lady who sang and Hula hooped for a good few minutes, without getting her dog to perform tricks. Winner of Commonwealth's got Talent - Grace Jones
"Oh, well, that's the end of this suit!"
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

formerly known as wrote:anyone that parades Cliff and Macca (outside of the Beatles career) as best of British should be shot..
they both have knighthoods , I think its part of the job description to perform at these function along with tom jones, shirley bassey and elton john (who's voice was shocking)
Albie McCann's Legs

Post by Albie McCann's Legs »

This is nice, a pilot's eye view from Lancaster & a Spitfire.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18334001
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Anyway, shouldn't all this have been next year?