Comment by Redknapp

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Comment by Redknapp

Post by past memories »

After the match,talking about QPR`s chances, ` At Portsmouth I had a crap team and we got 20 points from 10 games and stayed up, it ain`t impossible`
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Comment by Redknapp

Post by Mr Nuts »

So he's saying spent tens of millions on ***** players this transfer window then ?
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Pompski! »

Where are those Savile police when you need them?
I am me, the universe and you.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Norman Piper wrote:So he's saying spent tens of millions on ***** players this transfer window then ?
No but he is saying that his signings (Pedro, Sean Davis, Benjani, Pamarot and Routledge) were.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Pedro was good
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Add in Dean Kiely and Andres d'Alessandro and that is a good solid bunch of players, brought in for (relatively) very little money, and with many of them looking to prove a point. However, the big change that year was in confidence and attitude, especially after the Pedro v. Man City game.

I remember the game away to Fulham in April that year, when we were on such a roll that we went to Craven Cottage expecting to win, which we did 3-1. When you think about it, this is an amazing level of confidence and performance for a team in a relegation fight.

At QPR Redknapp just hasn't been able to instill that level of belief. Maybe you cannot do this with just a few big money signings.
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Pompski! »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Add in Dean Kiely and Andres d'Alessandro and that is a good solid bunch of players, brought in for (relatively) very little money, and with many of them looking to prove a point. However, the big change that year was in confidence and attitude, especially after the Pedro v. Man City game.

I remember the game away to Fulham in April that year, when we were on such a roll that we went to Craven Cottage expecting to win, which we did 3-1. When you think about it, this is an amazing level of confidence and performance for a team in a relegation fight.

At QPR Redknapp just hasn't been able to instill that level of belief. Maybe you cannot do this with just a few big money signings.
Agred. Maybe Redders is just becoming too predictable nowadays and started to believe his own hype.
I am me, the universe and you.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Add in Dean Kiely and Andres d'Alessandro and that is a good solid bunch of players, brought in for (relatively) very little money, and with many of them looking to prove a point. However, the big change that year was in confidence and attitude, especially after the Pedro v. Man City game.

I think one of the other differences is that the players we had at the time were coming into a thankless situation and probably not on huge wages, whereas the QPR players i believe are just another bunch of mercenaries looking for the big money, i doubt many of them will show the passion we saw from our players after the Citeh game and Pedros goal ?

Not only that, Sean Davies was worth every penny just for that comedy dive in front of the North Stand, laugh my head off everytime i see that !
Heaven's Light Our Guide
... and chips
Kev the Kitman

Post by ... and chips »

Three of that side are still playing premiership football so it can't have been that bad (and Routledge won the League Cup yesterday).

This is standard Redknapp stuff - re-writing history to make him look good.

[youtube][/youtube]
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Post by formerly known as »

I miss Sam Matterface...

If someone can put a link up to " get away from those Pompey fans you dirty scummer" ..

I will be forever in your debt.