Fan club ownership in the League......

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Fan club ownership in the League......

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Mush has been made of the fact that Pompey would be the largest club in the league to have fan ownership - but is this true?

I believe there are a few clubs who are part or fully owned by the fans. Swansea springs to mind and I believe Palace also have a system in place - I've no idea what their business plans are or if they are anything like the one at Pompey.

I believe there are probably others - can anyone advise if this is the case?
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Fan club ownership in the League......

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:Mush has been made of the fact that Pompey would be the largest club in the league to have fan ownership - but is this true?

I believe there are a few clubs who are part or fully owned by the fans. Swansea springs to mind and I believe Palace also have a system in place - I've no idea what their business plans are or if they are anything like the one at Pompey.

Are you seriously suggesting that Crystal Palace, let alone Swansea, are bigger clubs than Pompey?
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

The Swansea City Supporters Society Ltd owns 20% of the club.

I believe that the PST are planning to go down the 51% minimum owned by fans route.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

No Shot Sherlock wrote:
pomp 'n circumstance wrote:Mush has been made of the fact that Pompey would be the largest club in the league to have fan ownership - but is this true?

Are you seriously suggesting that Crystal Palace, let alone Swansea, are bigger clubs than Pompey?
I have no idea if they're bigger Sherl - I posed the question is it true that Pompey are the the largest club to have fan based ownership? It's certainly true that both get bigger crowds so that probably means their grounds are bigger, but I don't know if its quantified that way?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Ian McInnes is a fan, as well, yes?

So the PST owns 51%, but then McInnes owns x amount more, the other HNWs own x amount more.

I believe the only one involved in the bid team who isn't a fan per se is Stuart Robinson, but then I don't think he has a share holding.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

I believe IMcI said at the press conference that "all bar one of the presidents" are die-hard Pompey fans and that Asley Brown confirmed that the PST shareholding looks like being around 60% but that shares are still being purchased.

As for Pomp's original question, the 'biggest club' reference is to those being wholly owned/controlled by fans, not those that have minority fan ownership.

Of course, we can't say that the club is wholly owned by Pompey fans because Ziggy is a syndicate member!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:I believe IMcI said at the press conference that "all bar one of the presidents" are die-hard Pompey fans and that Asley Brown confirmed that the PST shareholding looks like being around 60% but that shares are still being purchased.

As for Pomp's original question, the 'biggest club' reference is to those being wholly owned/controlled by fans, not those that have minority fan ownership.

Of course, we can't say that the club is wholly owned by Pompey fans because Ziggy is a syndicate member!
Closet Pompey fan - why else would she put her money in?
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

the_lock_man wrote:Ian McInnes is a fan, as well, yes?

So the PST owns 51%, but then McInnes owns x amount more, the other HNWs own x amount more.

I believe the only one involved in the bid team who isn't a fan per se is Stuart Robinson, but then I don't think he has a share holding.
I think I heard mention last night that Stuart Robinson was at the Blades game at FP with his kids and thoroughly enjoyed himself - the point being made that he is now very much a fan......
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

the_lock_man wrote:Ian McInnes is a fan, as well, yes?

Currently owns more than 54% having £1.9m of shares to the HNWs £1.6m. Expectations are that this will exceed 60% ownership (although another HNW or two could join the 12 currently). No HNW will own more than single figure shareholding in PCFC.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.