London Peeps....

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: London Peeps....

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:Sadly no-one matching either description!
It's not as though I can approach random people and ask them if they are Pomp & Circumstance!
Oh go on, I dare you.
Guernsey Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Guernsey Blue »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:Sadly no-one matching either description!
It's not as though I can approach random people and ask them if they are Pomp & Circumstance!
I suggest talking about acceptable claret and humming snatches of Elgar. He'll find you soon enough....
I daren't think too much, so I drink too much
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Only met with Dom, no-one else recognised!
Have filmed the meeting and will upload tomorrow
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Nice to meet another one from the board. An interesting evening and worthwhile turning up I think. It was good to hear a bit of background info and the thoughts of the men taking us forward. They did inspire confidence in my opinion.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Stupid boys......I was very much there! Met with travellingpompey who thought he saw Rubi near the door and I went over to track him down but alas he had vanished never to be seen again - there was a slight aroma of Polish sweetbreads where he had been standing. As for Wimbledon Blue, I did see someone filming with a little Flip camera or similar on the other side of a very crowded room.

Had either His Rubiness or WB exposed themselves at the door, they would have found that their entrance fee had been paid and I left a list of Pompey Chimes Forum members at the door - both were on that list! You may remember me if you were there at the end when I asked 2 questions - 'Out of morbid curiosity, what was the final fee paid to the Admistrators and could our new CEO tell us more about his background.'
Will post more on the meeting later on - good turnout though apart from Rubi & WB not following instructions! You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them.........
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

You can lead a horse to water...but a pencil must be led
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well that's all the gratitude I get. I did manage to annexe the meeting room for us after all. I bypassed the sentry on the door, with far too little effort, hence not knowing my fee had been paid. In fact, i didn't even know until a while later that there WAS a fee to be paid. Security should be iproved, otherwise who knows what level of clientelle could find their way in!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

As promised

[youtube][/youtube]
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:As promised

[youtube][/youtube]
Now I see the camera angle, I now know that were the guy sitting to the left of the committee with the camera for those more discreet shots! I was in fact on the other side of the room at the far end of the bar from the room entrance. Having examined the claret available behind the bar which was undrinkable and I wouldn't use to clean my car, travellingpompey and I, got stuck into some Spitfire bitter - desperation measures! Was Rubi with you over on that side? That little camera seemed to pick up a very good audio signal by the way - quite impressive!
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

It was filmed on my iphone!

And yes, that was me, along with Rubi.

Next time......