Fergie going?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Fergie going?

Post by RubiconCSL »

JM does seem a good match. However, he doesn't have a good track record as far as sticking around long is concerned. I think Manure would much prefer someone who is likely to be there for the long haul i.e. Moyes. Also, if Fergie does stick around as director of football or whatever title he wants, I'm sure he'll find it hard not to stick his oar in now and then and will always be that shadow hanging over the new manager when things don't go perfectly. Moyes may accept that, I can't see Mourinho accepting that though.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Norman Piper wrote:
... and chips wrote:Klopp will likely be considered too. It would be nice for Moyes to get it, but is he experienced enough? It might only be down the road and a few league places, but the step up is huge.

How long until Redknapp gets his mates to suggest him for the job?
The difference between Harry and SAF summed up in this quote form fergie interview:
"It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so," he said.
Yes, as opposed to "It was important to me to make as much money as possible whilst increasing the clubs financial outgoings significantly above its income with little improvement in quality or league position, whilst also ensuring that any blame for poor performance due to my lack of ability to manage was deflected onto the players and lastly ensuring that i am not around to support the club when things take a turn for the worse."
Heaven's Light Our Guide
... and chips
Kev the Kitman

Post by ... and chips »

portchesterblue wrote:
... and chips wrote:Klopp will likely be considered too. It would be nice for Moyes to get it, but is he experienced enough? It might only be down the road and a few league places, but the step up is huge.

can you picture old floppy chops going to gill and asking him for money cos the squad was down to the bare bones.
It would be his stock excuse blown out of the water
"We were champions when i arrived David, now look us at, we've only got Van Persie and Rooney up front. Gis a few million so i can buy Crouchy. He'll do a job for us."
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

RubiconCSL wrote:JM does seem a good match. However, he doesn't have a good track record as far as sticking around long is concerned. I think Manure would much prefer someone who is likely to be there for the long haul i.e. Moyes. Also, if Fergie does stick around as director of football or whatever title he wants, I'm sure he'll find it hard not to stick his oar in now and then and will always be that shadow hanging over the new manager when things don't go perfectly. Moyes may accept that, I can't see Mourinho accepting that though.
Agreed. Mourinho is a mercenary for hire. United may be thinking longer term.

It's a tough gig for whoever ends up with the job. Shoes that will never be filled and a hiding to nothing.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Look at the problems they had replacing Busby, it took them over 25 years before they won the Top Division title again. However Sir Matt left an ageing squad and the Club in decline.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires.

Somewhere, there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Norman Piper wrote:

The difference between Harry and SAF summed up in this quote form fergie interview:
"It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so," he said.
for HR read " it was important for me to leave with my bank balance in the strongest possible shape, and i beleive I have done so...again and again and again

not forgetting rosies bank account :wink: