It appears that Southampton are 4th in the table

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: It appears that Southampton are 4th in the table

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Meanwhile...

[youtube][/youtube]
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

It may have been a horribly foul grey evening but the last time I visited Southampton (2 months ago if you're interested) I thought that a pile of rundown concrete had been unceremoniously shat from a great height over Hampshire's pleasant sward. And that even 3rd rate Soviet architects would have baulked at such urban planning.

But maybe it was just the rain that had made things gloomy?
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Gone Fishing... wrote:It may have been a horribly foul grey evening but the last time I visited Southampton (2 months ago if you're interested) I thought that a pile of rundown concrete had been unceremoniously shat from a great height over Hampshire's pleasant sward. And that even 3rd rate Soviet architects would have baulked at such urban planning.

But maybe it was just the rain that had made things gloomy?
were you in lordshill by any chance?
used to play football there, on a green surrounded by grey concrete high rise flats, couldnt leave anything in your car, or changing rooms, and occasionally got shot at with an air rifle from the flats.
such a lovely place
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

There are some pretty drab council estates in Southampton including one of the two estates I manage which is Golden Grove which runs from the footbridge from St Mary's down to the City College and St Mary's church but that's the design and age of the buildings.
Look a little closer though and you would see good play areas for the children , inner city gardens and far more trees and green spaces than you would expect for an inner city estate,
Oh and generally speaking some pretty decent people.

Or I could show you my other estate at Bassett which is rather more up market and close by some of the more expensive private properties in the city.
A lot of the houses have been purchased but its still council but built 15-20 years after Golden Grove

I am sure Pompey council estates are of a similar mix
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

itsaintfunny wrote:There are some pretty drab council estates in Southampton including one of the two estates I manage which is Golden Grove which runs from the footbridge from St Mary's down to the City College and St Mary's church but that's the design and age of the buildings.
Look a little closer though and you would see good play areas for the children , inner city gardens and far more trees and green spaces than you would expect for an inner city estate,
Oh and generally speaking some pretty decent people.

Or I could show you my other estate at Bassett which is rather more up market and close by some of the more expensive private properties in the city.
A lot of the houses have been purchased but its still council but built 15-20 years after Golden Grove

I am sure Pompey council estates are of a similar mix
paulsgrove and wymering are ugly unwelcoming places. They now have some lovely people living there but still look like the ar$e end of the earth