The Russkis

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: The Russkis

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Palin gets zero cred for warnings on Russia...the womans a moron. She thinks the Queen runs England fer gawds sake.
Look, I've predicted Pompey will win big the last 3 weekends.....eventualy i'll be right but that don't make me clever on football!
Div III. Call it what it is.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

miltoninLA wrote:Putin has fecked-up the Russian economy and there is nothing like some drum banging to convince the feeble minded that all is OK.
Of course the West looks weak but as some boring old fart once said "Jaw-Jaw is better than War-War".
I suppose we could resurrect the Light Brigade and celebrate as Cossack and Russian reeled from the sabre-stroke; shatter'd and sunder'd.
Or we could impose some sanctions offer modest financial assistance to the Ukraine and wait till the Russians themselves grow tired of their Ozymandias.
Ozymandias....I had to look that one up milt.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Palin gets zero cred for warnings on Russia...the womans a moron. She thinks the Queen runs England fer gawds sake.
Look, I've predicted Pompey will win big the last 3 weekends.....eventualy i'll be right but that don't make me clever on football!
Now, why are you making things Rep / Dem :wink:

Palin distinctly warned what the Russians were likely to do, by going after Ukraine. She was ridiculed for it, but is proven correct. This thread is about the Russians and she got it right.

For the record, Obama said there were 57 States, but I haven't called him a moron.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

They had a vote didn't they ? Crimea wants to join Russia . USA mind your business .
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Norman Piper wrote:They had a vote didn't they ? Crimea wants to join Russia . USA mind your business .
A very fair vote, I imagine
brian lewis
Mickey Quinn

Post by brian lewis »

This seems to have caused quite a storm but is it really important? Afterall it only made page 18 in tuesdays Daily Mail :smt002
The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone else is trying to make you be somebody else
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

uspompeyfan wrote:
Norman Piper wrote:They had a vote didn't they ? Crimea wants to join Russia . USA mind your business .
Maybe , although Votes are rigged worldwide . Take good ol' G dubbya and his brother in Florida making ballots disappear (in the boot of a car at the bottom of a lake if I remember rightly ) to win him the election in 2000 . There were some irregularities when he won his second term too I believe . It's pots and kettles I suppose .
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

There is also the small point that there was no vote option for "stay as we are". It was essentially "Join Russia" or "Become independent". Therefore, anyone who wanted to stay as part of the Ukraine exactly as it is now i.e. all the non Russian speaking people there, had no option to vote for. Hence 97% of those who voted, voted to jioin Russia.

It's a bit like having a vote for your favourite colour and having Blue or Light Blue as options. Surprise, surprise 100% of those who voted said they like Blue! therefore everyone likes blue.
Norman Piper wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:
Maybe , although Votes are rigged worldwide . Take good ol' G dubbya and his brother in Florida making ballots disappear (in the boot of a car at the bottom of a lake if I remember rightly ) to win him the election in 2000 . There were some irregularities when he won his second term too I believe . It's pots and kettles I suppose .
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Norman Piper wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:
Cmon now.....fer sure there are "irregularities" in every election and fer sure you can propbably find a bit of fraud here and there in a US general election.....but thats hardly a comparrison to rigging a vote with no clear choices monitored by blokes with guns.
Given that though...you do raise an interesting point.....a significant portion of that population are quite happy to go back to Russian control. This has given his moves legitimacy.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:
Norman Piper wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:
Cmon now.....fer sure there are "irregularities" in every election and fer sure you can propbably find a bit of fraud here and there in a US general election.....but thats hardly a comparrison to rigging a vote with no clear choices monitored by blokes with guns.
Given that though...you do raise an interesting point.....a significant portion of that population are quite happy to go back to Russian control. This has given his moves legitimacy.
Actually the Florida vote that GW and his bro rigged completely altered the result from what should've been Gore to what turned out to be GW.

This was not a minor irregularity the gave one Party another seat they didn't deserve.

This fraud altered who became President. This was a major, major fraud because GW Bush and his bro knew the consequences.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

From the Ashes wrote:
Norman Piper wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:
Actually the Florida vote that GW and his bro rigged completely altered the result from what should've been Gore to what turned out to be GW.

This was not a minor irregularity the gave one Party another seat they didn't deserve.

This fraud altered who became President. This was a major, major fraud because GW Bush and his bro knew the consequences.
Well...perhaps...tbh, I dont know all the ins and outs of that case BUT it did go through court systems and was ruled upon 9rightly or wrongly)...anyhoo...possibly potentially rigging the result in 1 area of a free election hardly is the same as the Crimea "election" even though the endgame in the Bush/Gore situation was potentially serious.....Can't be bothered to look up the whole sordid episode to get the FACTS but you really don't hear the left carp on about it so I'm not sure what definitive proof of fraud there was....and I can't be arsed to argue point about it either so your point htat it sucked big time is accepted
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

From the Ashes wrote:
Norman Piper wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:

I was living there at the time and remember it well . Couldn't of been further from a minor irregularity.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

And I suppose the few thousand dead people who voted for Gregoire in WA State were ok then :-)