Shameful Press

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Shameful Press

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Not sure what cable News you UK johnnies get but here its wall to wall 24/7 coverage of the missing plane.
ffs, we've got a landslide in WA with 100+ people missing, Putin v Obama, start of the baseball season, March madness etc etc etc.....but nothing but sad journos promoting outlandish theories and sticking cameras and flashbulbs in greiving families faces.

btw....we usually end up finding missing planes that crashed in the sea no matter the depth.....someone go find Glenn Miller please!
Div III. Call it what it is.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Re: Shameful Press

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Not sure what cable News you UK johnnies get but here its wall to wall 24/7 coverage of the missing plane.
ffs, we've got a landslide in WA with 100+ people missing, Putin v Obama, start of the baseball season, March madness etc etc etc.....but nothing but sad journos promoting outlandish theories and sticking cameras and flashbulbs in greiving families faces.

btw....we usually end up finding missing planes that crashed in the sea no matter the depth.....someone go find Glenn Miller please!
Take your point, but this is a very very strange story. A proper mystery which has the whole world speculating - whereas the other news is just normal bad/indifferent news.

Does anyone watch Gogglebox? Love the gay boys from Brighton theory that it was a David Blaine trick.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Not sure what cable News you UK johnnies get but here its wall to wall 24/7 coverage of the missing plane.

Take your point, but this is a very very strange story. A proper mystery which has the whole world speculating - whereas the other news is just normal bad/indifferent news.

Does anyone watch Gogglebox? Love the gay boys from Brighton theory that it was a David Blaine trick.
Goggle box last night was brilliant!
Heaven's Light Our Guide
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Mudslide here is only 35 minutes away. we have 2 employees with missing relatives in it, plus we weren't able to volunteer today due to the rain making the area dangerous. Only trained people allowed by law enforcement.

Final death toll expected to be mid to high 20s - the 100s of missing include replicated people.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

uspompeyfan wrote:Mudslide here is only 35 minutes away. we have 2 employees with missing relatives in it, plus we weren't able to volunteer today due to the rain making the area dangerous. Only trained people allowed by law enforcement.

Final death toll expected to be mid to high 20s - the 100s of missing include replicated people.
I hadn't reaised our technology had moved to the point of replicated people USPF.

I wonder If I might replicate myself and send me to do the mundane tedious tasks I can't quite be bothered with.
My replicant could listen to the game for starters.
Div III. Call it what it is.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

replicated people = multiple queries about the same person
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.