Sacked in the morning...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Sacked in the morning...

Post by Pompey1985 »

All season we have been:
Slower than the opposition
Smaller than the opposition
Weaker than the opposition
Not wanted it as much as the opposition.
Haven't won 50:50 balls.
Can't finish.
Can't win headers . The opposition box.

Can't win headers in our own box.

It doesn't matter who is in charge it's poor players who don't have it mentally.

We will probably go down whoever is in charge. There is something seriously seriously wrong at the club.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Selsey Bill wrote:
No Shot Sherlock wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:...oh OK, let's go for it! PS FFS, what on earth is that going to achieve? As a shareholder, I'll be bl**dy livid if they get rid of Barker right now.
Bill, none of know what it would achieve to sack him now, but most of us have a pretty good idea what will happen if they don't. As a shareholder I'll be bl**dy livid if they keep him any longer, but I realise the board will be damned by some if they do and dammed by others if they don't.
We'll have to continue to beg to differ on this Sherl. Interestingly, was at the Emirates last night to witness Arsenal drawing 2-2 with Swansea. Their fans sound just the same as ours!
The problem is the post-match response which was dire.

Barker can moan about the players all you like but the deadline for 'emergency loans' ends on Thursday and these players are what you have to work with. They'll either keep us up or take us down but they ain't changing. If Barker can't get a performance out of them then perhaps a different voice is needed? Its not really science at the end of the day.

Going down to the conference will be bl**dy hard for this club considering we'll still have circ. £2m of football creditors debt to repay. Short-term risks vs long-term risks. Hard choices for the board ahead. Don't envy them.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

THERE IS NO PROGRESS BEING MADE

Simple fact is that we are going backwards, i could understand work in progress, etc but i genuinely can't see any plan or strategy?
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1