Back From Rochdale.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Back From Rochdale.

Post by Pompey1985 »

Traffic was a nightmare both to and from the game.

Went to a lovely pub next to the place the co op started a few Pompey fans in there... walked to the ground. Nice little stadium.

Then the game started... we had an early chance from a corner which was cleared off the line... after that there was nothing. Absolutly nothing. Not going to bother scoring the players they dont deserve it instead I'll make a few general observations based on last night and this season.

1. Teams move the ball forward much quicker than us (I dont mean punt it long)
2. Teams are all bigger than us.
3. Teams are move physical than us.
4. Teams are quicker than us.
5. We dont win 50:50 balls, ever.
6. We dont win headers in our own box.
7. We dont win headers in the opposition box.
8. We cannot defend at all, players get pulled out of position all over the place.
9. We do not attack the ball.
10. We pull out of so many challenges.
11. There is no movement off the ball.
12. When we do get the ball wide and put balls low balls (remember we cant win headers) into the box there is nobody there.
13. What does Wes Fogden do?
14. Bondz N Gala, is slow both in pace, and mentally. He is the worst player i have seen in a Pompey shirt a poor mans Senderos.
15. Nobody put in a thundering challenge... its in none of the players nature (Chorley excepted).
16. The players need to have a long hard look at themselves and decide if they want to dig deep and save this club from relegation.
17. 'Shouts of do something Barker' Do what? What does it matter what he does? Replace dross with more dross?
18. They had some fairly good fans taking the P out of us and our demise. A sad day for Portsmouth Football club.

Thats all I can bring myself to say about last night.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Re: Back From Rochdale.

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Pompey1985 wrote:Traffic was a nightmare both to and from the game.

Went to a lovely pub next to the place the co op started a few Pompey fans in there... walked to the ground. Nice little stadium.

Then the game started... we had an early chance from a corner which was cleared off the line... after that there was nothing. Absolutly nothing. Not going to bother scoring the players they dont deserve it instead I'll make a few general observations based on last night and this season.

1. Teams move the ball forward much quicker than us (I dont mean punt it long)
2. Teams are all bigger than us.
3. Teams are move physical than us.
4. Teams are quicker than us.
5. We dont win 50:50 balls, ever.
6. We dont win headers in our own box.
7. We dont win headers in the opposition box.
8. We cannot defend at all, players get pulled out of position all over the place.
9. We do not attack the ball.
10. We pull out of so many challenges.
11. There is no movement off the ball.
12. When we do get the ball wide and put balls low balls (remember we cant win headers) into the box there is nobody there.
13. What does Wes Fogden do?
14. Bondz N Gala, is slow both in pace, and mentally. He is the worst player i have seen in a Pompey shirt a poor mans Senderos.
15. Nobody put in a thundering challenge... its in none of the players nature (Chorley excepted).
16. The players need to have a long hard look at themselves and decide if they want to dig deep and save this club from relegation.
17. 'Shouts of do something Barker' Do what? What does it matter what he does? Replace dross with more dross?
18. They had some fairly good fans taking the P out of us and our demise. A sad day for Portsmouth Football club.

Thats all I can bring myself to say about last night.
It also sums up why Barker has to leave.......
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

You know you're in trouble as a football club when Rochdale fans are calling you shat and it's true .
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

19. We can't score for toffee and every other team can. (Even Torquay against us!)