Youth Academy

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: Youth Academy

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:Inclined to agree. The initial surge was impressive, but it has definitely slowed to a trickle now. This begs two questions...

1) What happens to the cash if they don't raise the full amount needed?

2) How often are the fans to be expected to dip into their pockets to fund one project or another?
Think it will slow right down now, with a possible surge near the 'deadline' (on a tangent I notice the share 'issue' deadline has moved a couple of times now). Wonder if there will be a 'large' donation from a 3rd party closer to the deadline.

On the other point - has crossed my mind too - I think Ashley Brown (might've been someone else), said this was a 'one-off' - or words to that effect.

...but I wouldn't rule out it happening again ("be part of our club - and fund this: xxxxx") - but then can see that from both sides I suppose. If the share issue stops (which it'll have to, one day soon) - and the "El Presidente's" have put in all they're prepared to do (which is fine - they did get thru a quick £1m before they even bought the club?), and so further 'large donations'/input seem unlikely, then there are few means for financial injection. I suppose we are self-sustaining, but is it then down to how much 'patience' we have as fans - to see that end product - and have to admit, a training ground of our own/academy - definitely was something that needed sorting.

Know where you're coming from though... :thumb
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

One more thing... :roll: :)

From the tifosy site:
" Does this contradict the Pompey Trust campaign for raising shares?"

Not at all. This is meant to enhance the push by the Pompey Trust to raise equity for Portsmouth FC, in order to be invested in the infrastructure projects at Roko by allowing a wider range of Pompey fans to participate.
Does this then mean that the £250k (or whatever amount is raised), is actually being 'converted' into equity - i.e. all of it used to purchase shares, and the cash put into the club, with the cost of the pitches etc presumably coming out of the club's a/c?* - and so the % NOT owned by the HNW's will increase? - I still feel a little uncomfortable with the fans 'only' having less than 50% at present - despite it being described as an insignificant 'landmark' figure by the board - with them quoting that 25% is all that's needed to 'veto' anything 'important'?

(*I had originally got the impression that the crowdfunding initiative for this was completely separate from the club in terms of equity etc)
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

To provide some 'balance' - from Tifosy/'Andy Awford':
Then when we asked you through our recent survey, what you’d like to see us do next, a resounding number of you told us you wanted the club to run fan funded projects so you could make a difference. We took all this on board and, if this campaign is successful, you will directly shape our future and also help us successfully deliver the largest football fan funding project in the UK.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Thanks for that. I'm sadly guessing aLarge then :( I'm in Pompey tomorrow , so I may pop into the shop and try them on, just to be sure. Not that I can ever wear it of course; as soon as I washed it, AA's autograph would wash out. Well, maybe just for special occasions.
BlueinMontreal wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:Okay, you got me. I've bought a signed football shirt (well, I hope that's what a jersey is).

Anyone know what sizes Medium and Large equate to? I don't want to look like Al Fahim did, but I don't want it all baggy either. Any ideas peeps?
Rubi From the Pompey FC site

UK XS S M L XL XXL
Chest: 34 36 38/40 42/44 46/48 50/52
Waist: 28/30 30/32 32/34 34/36 36/38 38/40
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

RubiconCSL wrote:Thanks for that. I'm sadly guessing aLarge then :( I'm in Pompey tomorrow , so I may pop into the shop and try them on, just to be sure. Not that I can ever wear it of course; as soon as I washed it, AA's autograph would wash out. Well, maybe just for special occasions.
BlueinMontreal wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:Okay, you got me. I've bought a signed football shirt (well, I hope that's what a jersey is).

Anyone know what sizes Medium and Large equate to? I don't want to look like Al Fahim did, but I don't want it all baggy either. Any ideas peeps?
Rubi From the Pompey FC site

UK XS S M L XL XXL
Chest: 34 36 38/40 42/44 46/48 50/52
Waist: 28/30 30/32 32/34 34/36 36/38 38/40

Rubes, I found the sizes to be "true to form". So looking at you (from what I remember) a medium or large dependent on the 'fit' you want. But yep, these sizes are more "UK" than USA, and no need to add a couple of sizes - not tight-fitting. Worth a try-on though if you can - I still got mine wrong (I allow for wearing something underneath it, was a bit too big).
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

2) How often are the fans to be expected to dip into their pockets to fund one project or another?[/quote]

not very often unless you desire

I bought a share over 18 months ago to help rid the club of crooks and help it try and survive..............now £ I`ve paid into the Academy,vital in the future of PFC

blew thousands on season tickets watching Pompey in the prem...........think my ST was around £5/600??????.......let alone away match day admission prices
PIPED ATMOSPHERE..............SUMS UP THE WURZELS REALLY
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

time is upon us to rise up..................this club never died..............we are here and now............time to get posters in windows,time to share` the push` on the WWW..........take the time to explain why this fund is so important to the `LONGTERM` future of OUR POMPEY speak to your relatives,friends & fellow Pompey fans OUR PASSION OUR PRIDE
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well, i think it's worth a few quid if you can afford it. Not only do I get a signed AA shirt, but I get a real virtual certificate and a real virtual square metre of turf to virtually train on whenever I want to :) In fact I might just do a few laps now.
e64a4e0b-d8e1-45f1-9faa-db0f754cd0d4.png
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Heh, I got mine too. Laps of a square meter are about what I can manage! :D
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

If my virtual square metre isn't on the edge of the pitch, am I allowed to walk on other people's virtual square metres to get to mine?
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:Heh, I got mine too. Laps of a square meter are about what I can manage! :D
VFTH
Milan Mandaric

Post by VFTH »

Just got mine through and waiting for the wristband to arrive.
Smile and those around you smile ..... Laugh and they think you have gone mad

http://www.smile4wessex.org
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

@tifosy @pompeyacademy are there any pubs in the Portsmouth (or beyond) that fancy getting the pub name engraved,could collect within pub

lanyards,the shearer,froddington,pickwick,alma,shepards,brewers,cumberland.............loads of boozers out there..............organise a collection from within yer pub........sorted

£250 is all that's required from you & your punters..............beware only 33 days left

GET IT DONE
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

£126,000 in the pot

@tifosy @pompeyacademy come on folks we need to keep up the momentum........keep ya eyes on the prize SPREAD THE WORD #ourclub
miltoninLA
Kev the Kitman

Post by miltoninLA »

pompeyloyal wrote:£126,000 in the pot

@tifosy @pompeyacademy come on folks we need to keep up the momentum........keep ya eyes on the prize SPREAD THE WORD #ourclub
P'raps we need a muse Loyal?, How about young Mavis?

[youtube][/youtube]
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking.
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

:thumb

TIFOSY TIFOSY TIFOSY INNIT...............everyone go get 2 people to sign up.................SPREAD THE WORD EVERYWHERE

[^]