Danny East

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

dickinson
Gary O'Neil

Danny East

Post by dickinson »

I noticed that Danny East didn't play yesterday for Aldershot. Has he been recalled by ourselves and deemed ready to play?
To accept ones ignorance is a great step towards an education - Abraham Lincoln
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: Danny East

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Passley had a knock, but Awfs always seemed confident he'd be fit. IIRC though, Passley's loan expires after the Tranmere game next up. Talks were ongoing with Fulham, though I'd like to see East back, Passley has done more than a decent job.

East out of contract at the end of the season though..

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... -1-6591070
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Now I think of it, East's month is up, and presume he's now back at the club. I remember thinking he'd be lucky (just their fixture list) to get 3, maybe 4 games.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

They signed him for a second month but Pompey inserted a 24 hour recall clause.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
dickinson
Gary O'Neil

Post by dickinson »

Many thanks Wally, Pompeydave

Shame if East went, he's a very useful utility player, could well be the answer at right back given Passley may have to return to Fulham, - who is a great prospect. I don't envisage Fulham letting him go.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Josh Passley is absolutely key to our current run of form, and has made a bigger impact on the fortunes of our team than any other loanee of recent times. I'm hoping we'll be able to negotiate something with Fulham to keep him. Reading his tweets, he is really happy here and would love to extend his loan, but it sounds like he is as much in the dark as the rest of us. Fingers crossed tomorrow won't be the last time we see him play for us.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Selsey Bill wrote:Josh Passley is absolutely key to our current run of form, and has made a bigger impact on the fortunes of our team than any other loanee of recent times. I'm hoping we'll be able to negotiate something with Fulham to keep him. Reading his tweets, he is really happy here and would love to extend his loan, but it sounds like he is as much in the dark as the rest of us. Fingers crossed tomorrow won't be the last time we see him play for us.
I think its fair to say that a proper full back / wing back is the key. Be that young Josh or another its been missing for about two seasons and its criminal it wasn't rectified earlier in the season.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Pompey Dave wrote:They signed him for a second month but Pompey inserted a 24 hour recall clause.
That's it PD, forgot about reading that. Sounds solid to me, still got cover then if we need it. Let's hope he can get back in the Aldershot team.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Pompey1985 wrote: I think its fair to say that a proper full back / wing back is the key. Be that young Josh or another its been missing for about two seasons and its criminal it wasn't rectified earlier in the season.
Was fairly unanimous wasn't it? One of the more obvious 'missing men'. Wynter just didn't cut it unfortunately.
dickinson
Gary O'Neil

Post by dickinson »

Pompey1985 wrote:
I think its fair to say that a proper full back / wing back is the key. Be that young Josh or another its been missing for about two seasons and its criminal it wasn't rectified earlier in the season.
Completely agree, with three points for a win, the emphasis must be on attack. I cannot imagine that many successful teams in the modern age of football play with defensive full backs (Webster,Devera). Teams these days play a cover defensive team rotation. Maybe the penny has dropped with Awf's, maybe Waddock helped bring Awf's into the modern age!!Who knows!