NZ edge the Aussies

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

the-future-is-blue
Mickey Quinn

NZ edge the Aussies

Post by the-future-is-blue »

Thrilling match, honestly thought the result would be the reverse. Great bowling by Boult and of course Brendon McCullum came up with the goods to get them over the line. He really is a bit special, only AB dV is better in the one day game (a little more inventive in his scoring).
England only just manage to score 300 against non-test playing teams, Australia, NZ, India and S.Africa can all make 400 against full member nations :( We even bring in Gary Balance, a decent young test batsman, but not a dynamic limited over batsman, to try to prop up our expected collapse in the 50 over game !!!
Still enjoying the tournament - with England it feels a bit like when Pompey were throwing away winning positions, or just being out scored until fairly recently . . . . .
Gaydamack's wonderful millions - well it did seem too good to be true !
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: NZ edge the Aussies

Post by Weybridge »

Awesome match. And decent performances from Starc and Williamson. Keeps my fat treble in the running.

Looking forward to tonight - England's crunch match against Sri Lanka. A win means a more likely 3rd place finish (if we go on to beat Bangladesh and UAE), a defeat would see us in 4th - and then playing South Africa in the QF.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Some very good entertaining games in this tournament :thumb
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Thats Rich
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Thats Rich »

Weybridge wrote:Awesome match. And decent performances from Starc and Williamson. Keeps my fat treble in the running.

Looking forward to tonight - England's crunch match against Sri Lanka. A win means a more likely 3rd place finish (if we go on to beat Bangladesh and UAE), a defeat would see us in 4th - and then playing South Africa in the QF.
I think a 4th place finish will probably see us playing India and not South Africa as the Indians have already beaten SA and Pakistan and should top their group.
Why always me!