KP Nuts

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

KP Nuts

Post by Portchester PFC »

So KP hits a triple century and told he won't ever play for England again :? Can Strauss afford to blank,him like this ??
Heaven's Light Our Guide
... and chips
Kev the Kitman

Re: KP Nuts

Post by ... and chips »

Wasn't he batting against a side who haven't won a four day game in the last two years?

Decent effort, though. :wink:
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

He has upset too many people of influence in the game. I don`t agree with it, but regretably I have no influence whatsoever.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

He is clearly a disruption and not a team player. Anyone who has played a team sport will know that such an attitude is contrary to team-spirit and performance.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:He is clearly a disruption and not a team player. Anyone who has played a team sport will know that such an attitude is contrary to team-spirit and performance.
Most football goalscorers aren't team players. Look at the way they are so greedy when they could easily play another team mate in....

....but we still have to play them because they're the only ones who can score enough goals in a season to make a difference.

For the odd goal they spurn because of their greed they can offer all those other goals - goals they only get because of their 'quality' of selfishness.

This attitude that Strauss is showing towards KP is childish.

Give the guy a chance.

First sign of disruption and kick him out.

Easy.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

I'm beginning to wonder if this is some kind of Machiavellian masterstroke of revenge by Colin Graves.

'Kevin - the door isn't totally closed for you. But first you have to quit your million pound IPL contract.'

'I'll tear it up right now'

'Now you have join a County on a comparitive pittance, score lots of runs, no matter if its at home at the Oval or on a wet Tuesday morning in Glamorgan in front of 38 sleeping pensioners and a dog'

'Absolutely, Colin - how's that? 326 not out...'

'Good - now f**k off'
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
the-future-is-blue
Mickey Quinn

Post by the-future-is-blue »

KP has immense belief and is sometimes hard to deal with - but he's not over awed by any bowling attack (leg spin perhaps) and the opposition are put under pressure when he comes in. I like the football analogy, strikers are often prima donnas, but a good one's worth putting up with and people will turn up to see them play.
The ECB is still too old school, I don't think a certain I.T. Botham would be allowed to play at present either. Look a Dave Warner, a pain in the butt sometimes, but hell he's worth keeping in the squad, I'm sure he too would've been dropped from our squad.
Gaydamack's wonderful millions - well it did seem too good to be true !
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

I'm quite selfish about this - I've paid good money to watch England take on NZ and I want England to play their best players so I am most likely to be entertained and, as a bonus, see England win.
If your management can't control a rogue, don't you have a problem with your management? Appointing someone to a new role because they have promised (allegedly) not to play him does not address the management issue, does it?
the-future-is-blue
Mickey Quinn

Good points MTB. KP was dropped because he was a bad influence on the team, yet England have been terrible since, whatever the problem was it wasn't all KP, as results have shown.
Who's good at starting a petition ?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I've changed my mind on this issue. I admit to being one of the 'KP should not play for England again' previously, but I have now turned full circle on this and think we have to bring him in. I agree with MTB - I've got a ticket for the Ashes Test on Friday at Lords - I want to see KP out there.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

the-future-is-blue wrote:Who's good at starting a petition ?
Reinstating KP or sacking Strauss?
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
the-future-is-blue
Mickey Quinn

Possibly too early to sack Strauss, is it fully his decision anyway ? - or how many people have a say.
Weight of public opinion about reinstatement of KP would put pressure on ECB to act.
They should enlighten the public what these massive trust issues are, at present it just seems that he 'rocks the boat' has been told not to and he has again, not so monumental. It seems he fell out with Peter Moores and Stuart Broad in the past, plus he isn't frightened to voice his opinions, something the ECB doesn't like. He came up against the ECB about being able to play in the Indian Premier League, more of our players should play in these big, prestigious tournaments, it would benefit us greatly, so he was right to question - the ECB didn't want it's players playing in non ECB events though - and still isn't keen it seems. The 'old boys club' ways of the ECB needs to be amended, we need a forward thinking organisation to re-invent England cricket, not churning out the same old dross, with loads of PR schooled, yes men at the forefront - look to the future not the past. I want to be entertained and proud of my team, even if they don't manage to win - a bit like Pompey really !
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

I think it was a Tom Harrison decision. And already there's rumours that the KP question was a deal breaker with regard to Strauss's position.

Amazing though how Warne, Sangakkaara, Boycott, Vaughan etc have all questioned the logic behind the move.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Didn't take long...

[youtube][/youtube]
... and chips
Kev the Kitman

Post by ... and chips »

Earl Grey wrote:
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:He is clearly a disruption and not a team player. Anyone who has played a team sport will know that such an attitude is contrary to team-spirit and performance.
Most football goalscorers aren't team players. Look at the way they are so greedy when they could easily play another team mate in....

....but we still have to play them because they're the only ones who can score enough goals in a season to make a difference.

For the odd goal they spurn because of their greed they can offer all those other goals - goals they only get because of their 'quality' of selfishness.
I don't think that is the case for strikers playing at the top level anymore. The best work for the team by tracking back and closing down the opposition.
This attitude that Strauss is showing towards KP is childish.

Give the guy a chance.

First sign of disruption and kick him out.

Easy.
He's already shown he's disruptive by leaking things and texting the opposition. If you have someone in the dressing room you can't trust, can you play at your best?