Fratton Park sound system.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Fratton Park sound system.

Post by New Forester »

My wife reckons I need a hearing aid. Well it didn't seem like that at yesterdays match. Now it may be my imagination but I thought that the sound was louder than ever. The loudspeakers must have been turned up to maximum volume. I'm happy to be deafened when Pompey score but not during the build up to a match. I thought I'd email the club about the sound system but wondered if anyone here was bothered by it. If it's just me, I'll shut up and take ear plugs next time.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
JenniTalia
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Fratton Park sound system.

Post by JenniTalia »

Pardon :)
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home. – Aboriginal proverb.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I think that it is probably fair to say that PA systems always sound louder when the stadium or auditorium is fairly empty, and then the sound is deadened down when more people are in and there is less echo. I arrived only a few minutes before k/off yesterday and the sound seemed okay to me. Maybe I am even deafer than you!

A man thinks his wife is going deaf so decides to test. She is standing by the cooker with her back to him and he says "What are you cooking darling?" No reply, so he goes closer and tries again - no reply. Now he is standing right behind her and he tries again. She turns round and says "For the third time, it's lamb stew."

I'll get my coat.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

JenniTalia wrote:Pardon :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

New Forester wrote:My wife reckons I need a hearing aid. Well it didn't seem like that at yesterdays match. Now it may be my imagination but I thought that the sound was louder than ever. The loudspeakers must have been turned up to maximum volume. I'm happy to be deafened when Pompey score but not during the build up to a match. I thought I'd email the club about the sound system but wondered if anyone here was bothered by it. If it's just me, I'll shut up and take ear plugs next time.
Joking apart, there was actually something wrong with the sound system yesterday. When they played Mike Oldfield as the players came out it went all strange.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

You are not the only one!
Attachments
Tannoy at FP.png
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Thanks for spotting that. I had thought that it wasn’t just loud but distorted too, and that made it worse.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb