Gillingham

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Gillingham

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey make 10 changes and lead 2 - 0 at half time.

Joe Mason is on the bench - maybe he will get some game time in the second half.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Gillingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

4-0 final result with our second eleven
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Apparently it was painful to watch first half but two quick goals settled us down and 2nd half was much better.
Not sure what it says apart from the strength in depth we have seems to be much better this season.
I watched the short highlights.....the pen seemed a bit soft to me.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Didn't go (obviously :wink: ) but for me the extremely encouraging thing was that we made 10 changes to last Saturday's starting 11, and still ended up comfortable winners. Further to that, I would have actually been quite excited by last night's starting 11 if they'd started on a Saturday last season! What this does demonstrate is how significantly stronger in depth our squad now is - bodes well for the rest of the season :thumb
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Does the fact that Burgess and Thompson finished the game Saturday have any implication on us not being fined for the side we put out last night? Wondered if they were injured at all
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Pompey1985 wrote:Does the fact that Burgess and Thompson finished the game Saturday have any implication on us not being fined for the side we put out last night? Wondered if they were injured at all
No. The rules are not very tough if you play senior players. To paraphrase the relevant rules. A team must start four qualified outfield players. One way of qualifying is to have played 40 first team fixtures, not necessarily for that team or in that season. From last night's PFC team, Thompson, Burgess, Clarke, Rose, Wheeler and Pitman would qualify easily.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competiti ... gulations/
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pompey Penguin wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:Does the fact that Burgess and Thompson finished the game Saturday have any implication on us not being fined for the side we put out last night? Wondered if they were injured at all
No. The rules are not very tough if you play senior players. To paraphrase the relevant rules. A team must start four qualified outfield players. One way of qualifying is to have played 40 first team fixtures, not necessarily for that team or in that season. From last night's PFC team, Thompson, Burgess, Clarke, Rose, Wheeler and Pitman would qualify easily.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competiti ... gulations/
Thank the Heavens that pedants (I mean that politely) like you, PP, are happy to do the spade work finding these things out.....left to people like me and we'd all be arguing about it and never coming to a conclusion :thumb
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

So to save me the googly twittery stuff.....Is this EFL thingy the same as the Johnsons Paint trophy....just a new name?
Div III. Call it what it is.