Shrewsbury

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Rocketman
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Shrewsbury

Post by Rocketman »

Going to be an interest game tomorrow, I'm glad we're at home. They took us apart in both games last year.

Team selection is going to be interesting. Presumably Thompson for Walkes and Burgess for Whatmough because of injuries. With Hawkins and Curtis also both out, will he start with Pitman and Green? Certainly time for Pitman to step up.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Shrewsbury

Post by Milton End »

RichardHoldaway wrote:Going to be an interest game tomorrow, I'm glad we're at home. They took us apart in both games last year.

Team selection is going to be interesting. Presumably Thompson for Walkes and Burgess for Whatmough because of injuries. With Hawkins and Curtis also both out, will he start with Pitman and Green? Certainly time for Pitman to step up.
Latest is that Olly Hawkins is likely to be fit.

You may be right about Green and Pitman. But Wheeler was reported to have had a good game last Tuesday night - perhaps he will be preferred over Pitman? Or Green?
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Hawkins is fit to play so I am fascinated to see whether KJ picks him. He has been a revelation for me this season, and until he went off last week was our MOTM. He compliments Lowe and Curtis beautifully, but with Curtis out Kenny may want to go with something different. Burgess is an ample replacement for Jack, and I think Thompson is a marked improvement on Walkes. The Shrews are not in form, and have lost some good players, so now is a great time to play them (hopefully!).
Rocketman
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Rocketman »

If Hawkins is indeed fit, then Hawkins plus Pitman, then bring on Green if Pitman isn't doing the business after 60 mins max? Hey, this team management stuff is easy :lol:
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I think it will be one change up to. Green for Curtis, and the obvious changes at the back.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I claim my prize!
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

Unfortunately we have just gone 1-0 down !
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

Phew 1-1 still unbeaten and the Shrews fans I work with will be a bit quieter on Monday.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

We got out of jail. Looked lively at times but Shrewsbury played some excellent stuff and made us look pedestrian for long periods. Some of the new lads need time to settle and the half time changes were needed. Could easily have gone either way so we have to be satisfied with the point.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I watched the game on ifollow (terrible service btw - commentary wasn't working for most of the game). It surprised me how shaky our back four were most of the game, Burgess obviously made a big howler but I thought Clarke didn't look his best.

Hopefully just one of those games to forget and move on from.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

PakefieldBlue wrote:I watched the game on ifollow (terrible service btw - commentary wasn't working for most of the game). It surprised me how shaky our back four were most of the game, Burgess obviously made a big howler but I thought Clarke didn't look his best.

Hopefully just one of those games to forget and move on from.
Nondescript- you're having a giraffe. Excellent last week v Plymouth.