Pompey v Wycombe

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Pompey v Wycombe

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Top of the table at home to 19th.
Routine 2-0 win or maybe a banana skin.

Although Wycombe aren't winning much, they aren't losing much wither....1 defeat in their last 5
Div III. Call it what it is.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Pompey v Wycombe

Post by rumourmonger »

Difficult to break down and well versed in the dark arts of taking 2 minutes to make a substitution and rolling over and over for a broken fingernail. An early goal to make them come out and play a bit would be very preferable.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

No need to water the pitch today. Its hacking down. A lot will depend upon how the pitch holds up as a soggy surface will benefit the more non-playing team and therefore may hinder us.
I think it is going to be stop start all match but we will come out winners after an ugly 1-0
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Wet pitch and up against a physical and sneaky team. This is just the sort of game where unbeaten runs come to an end. It will say a lot about Pompey this season if we manage to win this one.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Unchanged Team, no Whatmough on bench
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Half time 0-1 . The rest as predicted. Stop Start niggly game. Wycombe have 4 yellow cards already and their goalie has been spoken to about time wasting.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

No problem. I've finished hanging the picture for the Mrs (not a euphemism), popped in to check the score and we've just equalised :)

Got to put some boxes in the loft now (not a euphemism either). I'll pop back on after that and we should get the second goal.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Will be interesting to read a BFTG from someone to hear whether it was a penalty at the end - reading different opinions on social media!
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Fact. It was a penalty. I thought we got away with one earlier so have no complaints. Ref was whistle happy and fussy throughout the game. Good to see Pitman scoring in open play. And I was pleased to keep dry in my new seat.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Definitely a penalty for them, and they should have had one about 10 minutes earlier. We were worryingly poor today. From the first whistle we looked lacklustre and their opening goal was only a matter of time. In fairness to them, they should have been 2-0 up by half time. Most of our players had an off game, and we just about deserved a point, though having gone 2-1 up with about 5 to go, we should have closed the game out. Poor from us, especially Burgey giving away the penalty - didn't need to do that. Still, we are still undefeated - onwards and upwards
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Selsey Bill wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:12 pm Definitely a penalty for them, and they should have had one about 10 minutes earlier. We were worryingly poor today. From the first whistle we looked lacklustre and their opening goal was only a matter of time. In fairness to them, they should have been 2-0 up by half time. Most of our players had an off game, and we just about deserved a point, though having gone 2-1 up with about 5 to go, we should have closed the game out. Poor from us, especially Burgey giving away the penalty - didn't need to do that. Still, we are still undefeated - onwards and upwards
We must have seen it from the same angle!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb