England.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

England.

Post by New Forester »

To top a group including Spain and Croatia was a brilliant achievement. It gives me hope that I may yet live to see another Cup triumph before I pop off.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: England.

Post by itsaintfunny »

I am cautiously optimistic but think the next Cup win you see is more likely to be at club level [heaven help us :lol: ]
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Was a great game and I like the FACT that the Nations Cup has at least added a bit of drama and competitive edge to what would have been a series of dull friendlies proving nothing.
Div III. Call it what it is.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

New Forester wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:47 am To top a group including Spain and Croatia was a brilliant achievement. It gives me hope that I may yet live to see another Cup triumph before I pop off.
100% agree, this England team/squad & Manager are a breath of fresh air. I can see them going very well in the Euros in 2 years. Winning it can come down to all sorts of things that have to come to fruition but this lot don't seem fazed by anything, plus they can really play. It augers well.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

The Under 21's are also an exciting team. I saw some of their 5-1 win against Denmark tonight and they looked very good. Which all bodes well for the national team's future.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:13 pm The Under 21's are also an exciting team. I saw some of their 5-1 win against Denmark tonight and they looked very good. Which all bodes well for the national team's future.
Aren’t England U16 and U20 World Cup Winners too? Bodes very well indeed.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

It's incredibly refreshing. The last time I looked forward to watching England as much as I do now was post 1966. Some of my mates were at Wembley on Sunday and they all said the atmosphere was the best they had witnessed at an England game for many years. Exciting.