INCOMING!!!!!!!!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

INCOMING!!!!!!!!

Post by Locky_McLockface »

It looks as though we're unveiling a new signing today.

The smart money is on the Shrewsbury RB, who's a freebie.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: INCOMING!!!!!!!!

Post by Selsey Bill »

James Bolton in, Nathan Thompson out???

If the case, wouldn't be unhappy with that judging by the reaction of Shrewsbury Town fans.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:41 am James Bolton in, Nathan Thompson out???

If the case, wouldn't be unhappy with that judging by the reaction of Shrewsbury Town fans.
Presumably means that Thompson is close to signing in the Champs for next season. Either that or he's been royally stitched up.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

Highly rated by Shrews fan work I with and they are gutted to be losing him
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

In fairness, I'm quite gutted to be losing Thompson. He does fall over quite easily, admittedly, but still an excellent defender.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

meakinsl wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:38 pm Highly rated by Shrews fan work I with and they are gutted to be losing him
That is always a good sign
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:51 pm In fairness, I'm quite gutted to be losing Thompson. He does fall over quite easily, admittedly, but still an excellent defender.
I don't know what your opinion was Locky, but 12/18 months ago plenty of Pompey fans would have been happy to see Thompson leave. It is only this last season that he has stepped up and looked like a RB who could play in the Championship. Maybe another example of Jackett/Gallen making players better.

It is a shame we won't get a fee for Thompson, but that's the way it is increasingly going in L1 & L2. Teams are reluctant to pay fees when they can get a solid alternative for free by using the money on wages. We lose a RB, but get another one, both without a fee being paid.

BTW. Thompson is 28; Bolton is 24. Yet again, the Pompey MO under this management/ownership.
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Pompeymack »

See we are also being linked with Jason Pearce, now 31.

I’d like to see him back in a Pompey shirt.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:52 am
Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:51 pm In fairness, I'm quite gutted to be losing Thompson. He does fall over quite easily, admittedly, but still an excellent defender.
I don't know what your opinion was Locky, but 12/18 months ago plenty of Pompey fans would have been happy to see Thompson leave. It is only this last season that he has stepped up and looked like a RB who could play in the Championship. Maybe another example of Jackett/Gallen making players better.

It is a shame we won't get a fee for Thompson, but that's the way it is increasingly going in L1 & L2. Teams are reluctant to pay fees when they can get a solid alternative for free by using the money on wages. We lose a RB, but get another one, both without a fee being paid.

BTW. Thompson is 28; Bolton is 24. Yet again, the Pompey MO under this management/ownership.
I think he's been steadily getting better and better over the last 2 years, particularly defensively. Think about some of those last-gasp blocks on the line, especially in the alst few games of the season. I also think that it's only this season that people have started to realise how good he's become.