Jamal Lowe - two new bids received and rejected

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Jamal Lowe - two new bids received and rejected

Post by Jack_Tinn »

the news today is that two new bids (apparently from one club) was received today and they were rejected.

KJ said last week that one club had put in two bids a while ago and had them rejected and he did not think that they would return. Rumour mill was that that the club in question was Millwall.

I'd speculate that the club bidding today was Wigan. They are rumoured to be in for Lowe and the manager clearly knows Lowe and knows he fits his preferred system.

With two Championship clubs now putting in bids for him it seems likely that Lowe will want to speak to them. The issue will be whether these clubs meet the valuation that Pompey have for Lowe. Rumours again suggest that this is £3m

Leeds are rumoured to be interested too with Middlesboro also a team supposed to be monitoring the situation.

I don't want to see Lowe leave you understand but tbh if a Championship team meets the clubs valuation - and the club has a suitable replacement lined up (ala Chaplin last year) - then if Lowe wants to move up a level and test himself in the Championship then fair enough. Don't want to keep a player that has had his head turned.

Hats off to Lowe for applying himself fully in training but I am fearful that this situation may become disruptive with the transfer window not closing for the Championship clubs until 9th August
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Jamal Lowe - two new bids received and rejected

Post by FatBlueAde »

I would have to say that these days there appears to be a consistent and strong approach from the club in terms of transfers. Nice to see us standing firm without obviously pi$$ing off the talent. Long may it continue.
Living in exile thinking Blue
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Milton End »

Late withdrawal from the Havant friendly today - perhaps he's on his way out from PFC?
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Milton End wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:30 pm Late withdrawal from the Havant friendly today - perhaps he's on his way out from PFC?
Looks like it doesn't it, shame but you can't blame him. Going to Wigan (if that is where he ends up) will be better for him financially and in higher league, but they aren't really a football club are they? Must be miserable playing in a half empty stadium with no atmosphere all the time.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

My thoughts at the time of creating this thread was that there is an awfully long time to go in the transfer window and a lot of clubs reported to be interested.

The first stage is that an interested club needs to actually turn that interest into a bid. Well two clubs have made multiple bids so we passed Stage ! some time ago.

Stage Two: will a bid meet Pompey's valuation. If the rumours are true then both clubs have made bids in excessive of £1.5m - and I suspect that the bids received are above £2m - but so far the clubs have not received the valuation that they want. The rumours are that Pompey want £3m or more; and the clubs interested are likely to have been told what they need to offer to acquire Lowe - so Wigan might be within 500-750k of getting a bid agreed.

Stage Three: the player has to want to join that club and be able to agree to personal terms. If Wigan are bidding and the rumours are true then Lowe is happy to work again with Cook - a manager who believes in him and Wigan have the ability as a Championship club to naturally increase Lowe's pay substantially.

The issue with Lowe is whether a club meets Pompey's valuation. The clubs all interested in Lowe are Championship clubs and can clearly afford £3m. It just needs on club to decide he is worth that amount and he's gone. Rather than this situation drag on it in time, making it harder for Pompey to secure a replacement it may be in Pompey's interest to seek to accelerate the transfer - perhaps setting a min price and deadline for bids from interested parties and put in bids for the desired replacement player now - because the nearer we get to the start of the season the harder it will be for Pompey to be able to buy/loan Lowe's replacement.

It would be surprised if Lowe remains a Pompey player this month. It will be very interesting to see if he is in the squad for the game on Tuesday given that he has been given the "weekend off"
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

3m just seems too low to me. A player far more difficult to replace than Clarke.
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Pompeymack »

pompeygunner wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:25 pm 3m just seems too low to me. A player far more difficult to replace than Clarke.
I agree a goal scorer is more difficult to replace than a defender. I think the 2 defenders brought in will do the job, but if Lowe goes he will be difficult to replace.

They will need to spend some money to passify the growing decent among some fans who think Eisner is pocketing all the money.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Milton End »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:24 am My thoughts at the time of creating this thread was that there is an awfully long time to go in the transfer window and a lot of clubs reported to be interested.

The first stage is that an interested club needs to actually turn that interest into a bid. Well two clubs have made multiple bids so we passed Stage ! some time ago.

Stage Two: will a bid meet Pompey's valuation. If the rumours are true then both clubs have made bids in excessive of £1.5m - and I suspect that the bids received are above £2m - but so far the clubs have not received the valuation that they want. The rumours are that Pompey want £3m or more; and the clubs interested are likely to have been told what they need to offer to acquire Lowe - so Wigan might be within 500-750k of getting a bid agreed.

Stage Three: the player has to want to join that club and be able to agree to personal terms. If Wigan are bidding and the rumours are true then Lowe is happy to work again with Cook - a manager who believes in him and Wigan have the ability as a Championship club to naturally increase Lowe's pay substantially.

The issue with Lowe is whether a club meets Pompey's valuation. The clubs all interested in Lowe are Championship clubs and can clearly afford £3m. It just needs on club to decide he is worth that amount and he's gone. Rather than this situation drag on it in time, making it harder for Pompey to secure a replacement it may be in Pompey's interest to seek to accelerate the transfer - perhaps setting a min price and deadline for bids from interested parties and put in bids for the desired replacement player now - because the nearer we get to the start of the season the harder it will be for Pompey to be able to buy/loan Lowe's replacement.

It would be surprised if Lowe remains a Pompey player this month. It will be very interesting to see if he is in the squad for the game on Tuesday given that he has been given the "weekend off"
My guess is that the first three parts of this have been completed.

Jamal was given the weekend off by KJ. I suspect that PFC have received an acceptable offer - probably from Wigan.

It is then for Jamal to decide whether the personal offer to him from Wigan is acceptable, whether he and his family want to move north, etc. PFC have always been very fair with their players - hence giving Jamal time to think about the possible move.

I suspect that Jamal will decide to move this week - increased money, etc. I just hope that PFC have lined up a good replacement.....
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8997992

Goodbye, Jamal, and thanks for the memories.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I think it has reached a similar position that Clarke's deal with Brighton reached - about four or so days before he signed - you might recall Clarke took a physical at Brighton even though the fee had not been agreed with Pompey

I suspect that Wigan have agreed the overall value of the deal with Pompey but not the up front money etc but are not far apart and Lowe has said he wants to test himself in the Championship and his agent has agreed agreed personal terms but Lowe is now just deciding whether playing in front of 12 people and their assorted pets at home games and listening to the Manager's annoying grating voice every day is worth the challenge of moving up a division and earning more money.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

here is what Lowe has to look forward to on the Wigan pre-season training in La Manga

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

now being reported by Football Insider that Pompey and Wigan have agreed a deal for Jamal Lowe with the fee being in the region of £3m with the deal expected to be completed by the end of this week. Not always the most reliable source and they may be jumping the gun but I don't think any of us would be surprised if this turned out to be an accurate report.

I would hope that Pompey have agreed a fee/deal for his replacement already because the fans will be calling for a signing and the season starts in two weeks so getting in a replacement now to allow them to bed into the team and pre-season will be a priority.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Can't blame him for wanting to play at a higher level, but Wigan FFS!
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:32 pm Can't blame him for wanting to play at a higher level, but Wigan FFS!
to be fair to Lowe I suspect that is exactly what he is thinking and hence why he was given five days to think it over.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:51 pm
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:32 pm Can't blame him for wanting to play at a higher level, but Wigan FFS!
to be fair to Lowe I suspect that is exactly what he is thinking and hence why he was given five days to think it over.
...and given the choice of living in Portsmouth or Wigan....
Having said that, he would be able to buy a mansion up there with his new salary