Crawley

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Crawley

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Well - we won 1 - 0.

Haunstrup MOM and played well. Maloney looked very useful and Pitman was lively when he came on. Not a great match but a win is a win.

Oh, and Bass looked secure and made one excellent save.
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Crawley

Post by <dj.> »

I thought Bass made 2 decent saves. Also, Bolton played pretty well for 90+ minutes, although he did look knackered after 75 of them. He's defensively sound and I think he'll be good going forward. Harrison looked strong and fast, which greatly pleased me as I didn't think he did too well on Saturday when he came on. Naylor seemed frequently surprised to find the ball coming towards him. Generally it wasn't a very enjoyable match, but a win is a win. Pompey seemed to approach it a bit like a pre-season friendly. I thought Crawley put more effort into it but weren't much cop.
On the bright side, Pitman, Marquis and Harrison are a trio I'd like to see more of.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Surely KJ has to find a place in the team for Pitman? He was scoring for fun in pre-season in the Number 10 role behind Harrison, and makes a difference whenever he is on the pitch.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:01 pm Surely KJ has to find a place in the team for Pitman? He was scoring for fun in pre-season in the Number 10 role behind Harrison, and makes a difference whenever he is on the pitch.
Didn't I read somewhere that Pittman wasn't a great fan of KJ, based on his lack of opportunities. Could be a case of personalities clashing at present.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.