Stadium Plans

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Stadium Plans

Post by pompeygunner »

blue architect wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:11 am
I doubt it would be a 2 tier ME, from what I've heard it looks like a new/temp ME. Think a few clubs have gone down this route & temporary ones are in fact VG.
2 tier-residents behind would lose light= wont happen.
[/quote]

The right of light is not necessarily a planning concern. Yes there are constraints but the stadium is far enough away for this not to become an issue. I would be surprised if this becomes the stumbling block.
[/quote]

Has been in the past Mate.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

For what it is worth, I'd say it would be very difficult to buy all the houses along the back of the Milton End. There will always be owners who wont want to move, and even though money talks, this won't work 100% of the time. I also doubt compulsory purchase would be possible. With regards to the light issue, this has always been mooted in the past, but planning regulations have relaxed over the years, and may have in this area? As for a temporary stand - as with Gillingham for example - surely that would potentially take us back to the days of no roof?
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Selsey Bill wrote:For what it is worth, I'd say it would be very difficult to buy all the houses along the back of the Milton End. There will always be owners who wont want to move, and even though money talks, this won't work 100% of the time. I also doubt compulsory purchase would be possible. With regards to the light issue, this has always been mooted in the past, but planning regulations have relaxed over the years, and may have in this area? As for a temporary stand - as with Gillingham for example - surely that would potentially take us back to the days of no roof?
Hi SB, Watford have a temp stand iirc that has a roof. VG stand it is as well.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Oh OK, didn't realise. On that basis, I'd be happy with a temporary stand.
CoshamWreck
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 2 times

Post by CoshamWreck »

Filling in the corners should be good move. Brings two questions to mind. Does it mean we get the Boilermaker’s Hump back? & Are there any Boilermakers left to fill it? :shock: :D
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

CoshamWreck wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:47 pm Filling in the corners should be good move. Brings two questions to mind. Does it mean we get the Boilermaker’s Hump back? & Are there any Boilermakers left to fill it? :shock: :D
Indeed, and whatever happened to the ASBSBSW?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Selsey Bill wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:29 am For what it is worth, I'd say it would be very difficult to buy all the houses along the back of the Milton End. There will always be owners who wont want to move, and even though money talks, this won't work 100% of the time. I also doubt compulsory purchase would be possible. With regards to the light issue, this has always been mooted in the past, but planning regulations have relaxed over the years, and may have in this area? As for a temporary stand - as with Gillingham for example - surely that would potentially take us back to the days of no roof?
Reminds me of the shenanigans at Northarbour Retail, with those last few houses where McD is now.....
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

If the rumours are true and we build a new Milton End, sounds like we are staying at Fratton Park? Why spend a few million on a temporary stand if it only increases the capacity by 1,000? Unless of course corporate hospitality is included, which is where the real match day revenue can be generated.

I would be disappointed if the current orientation was retained. As we cannot satisfy UEFA pitch size or axis (goals to be North to South) requirements if we were to reach the Premier League (long way off I know!). Plus we would be limited to a capacity of 30k. Unless the Club buy all the houses on Carrisbrooke road behind the South stand and on Alverstone road behind the Milton End to build a second tier. Although it would be a lop sided ground, due to the substation location. Whereas reorientation of the pitch 90 degrees can design out the sub-station, provide a capacity of 35k plus and logistically is easier to build. The cost differential is about 5-10% according to the Trusts own ground development report of 2017 I think.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Claygate wrote:If the rumours are true and we build a new Milton End, sounds like we are staying at Fratton Park? Why spend a few million on a temporary stand if it only increases the capacity by 1,000? Unless of course corporate hospitality is included, which is where the real match day revenue can be generated.

I would be disappointed if the current orientation was retained. As we cannot satisfy UEFA pitch size or axis (goals to be North to South) requirements if we were to reach the Premier League (long way off I know!). Plus we would be limited to a capacity of 30k. Unless the Club buy all the houses on Carrisbrooke road behind the South stand and on Alverstone road behind the Milton End to build a second tier. Although it would be a lop sided ground, due to the substation location. Whereas reorientation of the pitch 90 degrees can design out the sub-station, provide a capacity of 35k plus and logistically is easier to build. The cost differential is about 5-10% according to the Trusts own ground development report of 2017 I think.
As with all these things these days the local councils have a huge role to play. PFC & PCC are aware of the problems after a game with lots of people walking in the road down to the station because the pavement is full. So H&S comes into play. If you want to raise the capacity how do you get all us punters to & in particular out again safely. Infrastructure of the surrounding area has to be improved. Parking, Park n Ride, access to Fratton Station etc all needs to be looked @.
So even before we raise the capacity to anywhere near 30,000 there is so much to do with regard to H&S. This isn't PCC being obstructive its whats now required anywhere. Problem for us is we're so shoehorned in its difficult @ 1st glance to see how it can be done. But the masterplan is about to be revealed & Donna Jones from the Council has been working with the club for the best part of a year iirc. So hopefully some vg news on the way soon.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

So single tier ME because of light issues (who'd have thought it :D :thumb ) that may or may not happen. It all sounds terribly wishy washy to me. :(
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

pompeygunner wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:57 pm So single tier ME because of light issues (who'd have thought it :D :thumb ) that may or may not happen. It all sounds terribly wishy washy to me. :(
"In 5-10 years we could have a lovely new Milton End, a lovely new North Stand and amazing conference facilities, all achieved having spent the same amount of money as building a new stadium elsewhere." So stop pissing around and build a new stadium elsewhere FFS!