Sol Campbell

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Sol Campbell

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Didn't he also stick the knife in when we were up ****** creek without the proverbial paddle?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50657701
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Sol Campbell

Post by portchesterblue »

He did indeed, and to be honest if you were owed money and thought that the owners were taking the ****** then I would do the same.
The mac owners seem to be worse than our various crap owners put together.

On a side note I did see the other day that rangers who have gone into administration twice in recent years need an additional £10m of investment before the end of the season. Lessons learned well up there then
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

If I was owed money by people blaming Brexit as a reason for not paying I'd stick the knife in as well.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Whatever your thoughts on Sol and this situation, Macclesfield Town were obviously paying him far too much money!! He was only at the club for just under 9 months, and even if he hadn't been paid a bean, he was still on a minimum of £20,000 per month!! :shock:
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Selsey Bill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:21 pm Whatever your thoughts on Sol and this situation, Macclesfield Town were obviously paying him far too much money!! He was only at the club for just under 9 months, and even if he hadn't been paid a bean, he was still on a minimum of £20,000 per month!! :shock:
That's nearly as much as you earn!
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:21 pm Whatever your thoughts on Sol and this situation, Macclesfield Town were obviously paying him far too much money!! He was only at the club for just under 9 months, and even if he hadn't been paid a bean, he was still on a minimum of £20,000 per month!! :shock:
That's nearly as much as you earn!
Per annum!!
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

I get the thing about money owed. But he's hardly likely to get much more than a few pence in the pound if they are wound up. The bigger picture is it could bring about the end of Macclesfield which is very sad. Of course being a millionaire many times over means he could see it from that p.o.v. but as he demonstrated with us he doesn't give a ***** about Pompey, Macclesfield etc. Which makes him a bit of a coont imho. The man was a wonderful player but lacks that touch of humility which tends to endear top players to supporters.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

I concur fully with you, pompeygunner. He was certainly a pretty decent player for us, but I believe Linvoy was the unsung hero alongside him and regularly looked the better player, often covering for Campbell. Off the field they are poles apart. One is an absolute legend and an all-round amazing guy. The other is Sol Campbell.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

pompeygunner wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:12 pm I get the thing about money owed. But he's hardly likely to get much more than a few pence in the pound if they are wound up. The bigger picture is it could bring about the end of Macclesfield which is very sad. Of course being a millionaire many times over means he could see it from that p.o.v. but as he demonstrated with us he doesn't give a ***** about Pompey, Macclesfield etc. Which makes him a bit of a coont imho. The man was a wonderful player but lacks that touch of humility which tends to endear top players to supporters.
I don't see why football should be a special case.

If I don't pay my staff, suppliers, tax etc., for several months, my company will face a similar action. I have only myself to blame. It would mean my customers would have to find an alternative supplier.

Now, if Macclesefield Town Football Club Ltd fail to pay their obligations, why should the fact that their customers (and in all truth, their fans are customers) would be terribly unhappy, stop HMRC and the company's staff getting what's rightfully theirs?

The fact that Sol Campbell is a rich man is irrelevant.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:33 pm
pompeygunner wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:12 pm I get the thing about money owed. But he's hardly likely to get much more than a few pence in the pound if they are wound up. The bigger picture is it could bring about the end of Macclesfield which is very sad. Of course being a millionaire many times over means he could see it from that p.o.v. but as he demonstrated with us he doesn't give a ***** about Pompey, Macclesfield etc. Which makes him a bit of a coont imho. The man was a wonderful player but lacks that touch of humility which tends to endear top players to supporters.
I don't see why football should be a special case.

I get it Locky. Its just there's something about Sol's actions & his general demeanour which doesn't hit the mark. He's a millionaire many times over etc. But as per the law he's fully entitled.

If I don't pay my staff, suppliers, tax etc., for several months, my company will face a similar action. I have only myself to blame. It would mean my customers would have to find an alternative supplier.

Now, if Macclesefield Town Football Club Ltd fail to pay their obligations, why should the fact that their customers (and in all truth, their fans are customers) would be terribly unhappy, stop HMRC and the company's staff getting what's rightfully theirs?

The fact that Sol Campbell is a rich man is irrelevant.