General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, lakespfc, Chris_in_LA, Admin, General Mods

Ever since the net book agreement went been tough for bookstores, in the end my dad (bay tree books, Waterlooville) just wasn’t profitable, he could actually buy a bestsellers cheaper in tescos than he could from his supplier !
By OldSpice
meakinsl wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:31 pm
Ever since the net book agreement went been tough for bookstores, in the end my dad (bay tree books, Waterlooville) just wasn’t profitable, he could actually buy a bestsellers cheaper in tescos than he could from his supplier !
That situation is not new though. My parents had a grocery shop in Pompey in the 60s and they could buy lots of stuff, like sugar and tea, cheaper from Victor Value (later taken over by Tesco) than they could from their wholesaler.
OldSpice wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:09 pm
meakinsl wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:31 pm
That situation is not new though. My parents had a grocery shop in Pompey in the 60s and they could buy lots of stuff, like sugar and tea, cheaper from Victor Value (later taken over by Tesco) than they could from their wholesaler.
Likewise there are quite a few products that I can buy cheaper from B&Q than I can direct from the manufacturers, let alone wholesalers. Yale alarm systems is one (not that I would sell that kind of cr@p anyway), and PIR security lights is another.
Fleetwood

Actually Curtis hit the bar in the first half!

Fury

Must admit I am not keen on Fury but he did a real[…]

Vacant.

Bass or Mac

And before bass came in, mac was being panned ever[…]