EFL Trophy semi final.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

EFL Trophy semi final.

Post by New Forester »

Great value for us old timers at £5. I see they are using the North Stand and Fratton End. Much better for the live TV broadcast! It would have looked horrible if they had stuck to using the South Stand.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: EFL Trophy semi final.

Post by Sam_Brown »

Does anyone know if it's two legs or one? I think it's only the one but not 100% sure.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:14 pm Does anyone know if it's two legs or one? I think it's only the one but not 100% sure.
One leg only.
People who have bought tickets to any of the cup games will get first dibs on tickets to the final should we get there. I suspect there may be a few more tickets sold for the semi as a consequence.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Surprised how many tickets were still free. All tickets are unreserved according to the gent I spoke to on the phone so pick any seat when you turn up. Has this happened in the past? Makes me nervous not having a specific seat as knowing my luck will get stuck right at the back or behind some pillar!

Anyone gone when it's been unreserved seating in the past? Am I getting anxious over nothing?!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Coneyhurst Blue
Robbie Pethick

Post by Coneyhurst Blue »

I went with my boys to the Scunthorpe game last week.
Sat in the Fratton End, we got there 30mins before kick off and had the pick of the seats.
Just bought Exeter tickets and have gone for North Stand, however as you have said its unreserved seating so if the kids prefer Fratton End we will sit there. We will aim to get there 30-45mins before kick off, I suspect it will be busier this time. Its good fun to watch the team warm up and complete their drills etc.
I think attendance was 5,500 ish.
At £2 a ticket its a great evening.
Looking forward to it.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:50 pm Surprised how many tickets were still free. All tickets are unreserved according to the gent I spoke to on the phone so pick any seat when you turn up. Has this happened in the past? Makes me nervous not having a specific seat as knowing my luck will get stuck right at the back or behind some pillar!

Anyone gone when it's been unreserved seating in the past? Am I getting anxious over nothing?!
No need to worry. There will be plenty of seats to choose from. And you will get to try a variety of viewpoints. Enjoy!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Just bought my tickets online, plenty left even in the Fratton End. Of course it is live on Sky, so I suspect many will watch it in their favourite Pub. Nothing like a midweek match at Fratton under the lights, though.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

Worth remembering it’s a cheap way of building up loyalty points, even if you decide to watch on TV. One day you may need them.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

How do the loyalty points work? Does it increase the odds of getting tickets for the final?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:27 am How do the loyalty points work? Does it increase the odds of getting tickets for the final?
Yes.

You get one loyalty point for every away ticket or home cup ticket you buy. I think you can only get one point per match, so if you buy four for a group, you still only get one point. The tickets are allocated, even within season ticket holder group, first to those with most points (I think it is over the last two years).

I have only come across it for one game this season (Harrogate?) (and it was also running for Lincoln, but there wasn't enough demand for much of an impact and I got my ticket easily). In that case, tickets were first offered to season ticket holders with 9-12 points (I think), and then in groups down from there every few hours.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

May come in handy for when we need a point at Burton to clinch the title in May.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Selsey Bill wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:02 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:14 pm Does anyone know if it's two legs or one? I think it's only the one but not 100% sure.
One leg only.
People who have bought tickets to any of the cup games will get first dibs on tickets to the final should we get there. I suspect there may be a few more tickets sold for the semi as a consequence.
Meh. Went to the Brum U21s game in August. Might go to the semi. Might not.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I'm not convinced the points are applied - I've got three, 1 for being a former shareholder and two for tickets I've bought... Despite going to more than 2 games
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Is it possible to buy tickets for these games on the night? I might go, but it will be a last minute decision on availability.
gosling
Martin Kuhl
Has liked: 4 times

Post by gosling »

With Wembley having a two year registration requirement, and I had to reregister last year with Pompey, if we get through then I will have to hope that someone on here has a spare final ticket that I can buy again.
A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.