Tranmere expectations..

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Tranmere expectations..

Post by Dinksy »

Rotherham scraped a win at plummeting Lincoln last night, so we need to keep the pressure on with a record-breaking victory. There is also a theoretical chance of jumping into the second automatic place. We've been so close to nine straight wins before. Has this side got the character to rise to the new expectations or will they bottle it?
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Tranmere expectations..

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I doubt that we will ever have a better chance of nine wins in a row.

However, this is Pompey, so anything may happen!

Having said that, we are v confident, we are scoring from set pieces, and our midfield is at last looking strong, so I fancy us to win.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:56 am I doubt that we will ever have a better chance of nine wins in a row.

However, this is Pompey, so anything may happen!

Having said that, we are v confident, we are scoring from set pieces, and our midfield is at last looking strong, so I fancy us to win.
Agree. We should be positive because of current form and cup runs. If we win it's another massive boost. Got to hope that KJ and the players are up for it.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Marquis drops to the bench with Harrison going top. No Cannon today. Is he injured?
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Dinksy wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:41 pm Marquis drops to the bench with Harrison going top. No Cannon today. Is he injured?
Minor Gluteal muscle injury apparently. These next few weeks are going to test our squad to the full I suspect.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

0-1 nil up PUP !
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

What a record-breaking run that is! Five wins in the league and four in the cups. In addition, we haven't conceded a league goal in 360 minutes of play. 50 points down, 30 to go. Coventy up next .
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by New Forester »

And I’m all set for my first away evening match next Tuesday.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

It's a shame Coventry got a winner. Big game Tuesday night.

Looking forward to it, looks like it's going to be cold though!
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Looks like it will still be a bit windy on Tuesday, but at least it will be a decent pitch at Birmingham. No excuses.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by New Forester »

Hopefully not like today at Murrayfield.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Don't know if Cannon's exclusion was precautionary or more serious. A glute injury is like a hamstring but more in the buttock region. KJ was already aware there was a problem on Friday when he said this:
‘If you are looking over the last month or so, Cannon has played a lot of games.
‘His numbers for running are off the wall, but is he going to play 12 games in six weeks? I don’t think he is.
I hope he does, but I can’t see that happening because of the energy he puts in. You see him at the end of games, sometimes he can hardly walk let alone run! But he has played well and run well.
‘We have six Tuesday-Saturday games. Will he play all of them? Probably not, but, if he could, that would be great."

Looks like the hectic schedule is already taking its toll and we may have to rest one or two others. Let's hope Curtis is not among them.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Dinksy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:31 am Don't know if Cannon's exclusion was precautionary or more serious. A glute injury is like a hamstring but more in the buttock region. KJ was already aware there was a problem on Friday when he said this:
‘If you are looking over the last month or so, Cannon has played a lot of games.
‘His numbers for running are off the wall, but is he going to play 12 games in six weeks? I don’t think he is.
I hope he does, but I can’t see that happening because of the energy he puts in. You see him at the end of games, sometimes he can hardly walk let alone run! But he has played well and run well.
‘We have six Tuesday-Saturday games. Will he play all of them? Probably not, but, if he could, that would be great."

Looks like the hectic schedule is already taking its toll and we may have to rest one or two others. Let's hope Curtis is not among them.
The left sided attacking midfield position is the one where there is no direct competition for places, meaning Curtis is probably the first name on the team sheet. It's inevitable that he will need a rest, 12 games in 6 weeks is a lot to ask anyone. You could argue that either Williams or Harness could play there, possibly also Hackett-Fairchild. I would like to see Seddon played there with Haunstrup behind him.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm I would like to see Seddon played there with Haunstrup behind him.
Good call. Although I suspect Jackett would go with Brown & Seddon, and even more likely that he plays Harness on his wrong side. The latter did not work well earlier in the season, but didn't get that many games to prove itself.

Rochdale on Friday night might be the game for rotation. It is more important than the Arsenal game, but everyone will want to play in the latter. Alternatively, you could just give up on the Fleetwood game, go for a defensive line up and hope to nick something. So easy to get rotation wrong.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Williams would play left wing. Harness on right.