Fleetwood

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Fleetwood

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Two changes - Marquis and Bolton in for Close and McCrorie.

No return for Cannon yet.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Fleetwood

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Bass palmed one half clear... Opposition score. That twice this week?
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Looks like something happened to Harrison in the warm up, with Hawkins now playing and Evans coming onto the bench. Nothing serious I hope.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

Seems like it was a choice between Wembley and the league, still got a FA cup tie to look forward to, a trip to Wembley and you would have thought with games in hand and our side that play-offs should be on the cards - famous last words, really can't see automatic now, we would have to win every game
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

meakinsl wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:13 pm Seems like it was a choice between Wembley and the league, still got a FA cup tie to look forward to, a trip to Wembley and you would have thought with games in hand and our side that play-offs should be on the cards - famous last words, really can't see automatic now, we would have to win every game
I guess that "progress" this season would have to be winning the EFL Trophy, 5th Round FA Cup and then losing the Play-Off Final.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

I confess. I decided not to go. Hats off to those brave souls now making their way back while I sit comfortably watching the Leicester / Man. City match. Results didn’t go our way today but still some way to go.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

There's no doubt in my mind that Arsenal and Wembley are going to prove crucial distractions this season and probably cause us to miss out on even the play-offs unlike last season. I am frustrated that Jackett has not concentrated solely on the league and instead has gone for progress in two too many competitions which will inevitably bring a lack of focus, tiredness and disruption to the squad (e.g missing Harrison today who is a vital player). I suppose we will be pleasing the owners with the considerable revenue involved with these cups.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

The reason we lost in the play offs last season was because over two legs we did nothing.

The cock up against Peterborough was what cost us promotion and that disappointment rolled over into play offs.

Coventry play Rotherham Tuesday, Fleetwood play Sunderland.

We can be third before anyone kicks a ball on Saturday.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

New Forester wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:31 pm I confess. I decided not to go. Hats off to those brave souls now making their way back while I sit comfortably watching the Leicester / Man. City match. Results didn’t go our way today but still some way to go.
Man City should be banned from Europe for that away kit
Div III. Call it what it is.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Seriously?? You are writing off the season over one game?
Jeez some people need to take a chill pill and a reality check
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey1984+1 wrote:Bass palmed one half clear... Opposition score. That twice this week?
Tuesday night you could put down to 'just one of those things' - a misjudgement in a crowded box, a momentary slip, whatever but yesterday cost us a point and it was difficult to understand why it happened. Yes, he made a couple of good saves after that but now the alarm bells are ringing.
We have a solid centre back area with good competition on the left and right. I don't see a problem with bringing McGillivray back for the run-in because he commands his area better. Don't quite get the reason KJ dropped him in the first place as he was performing well - certainly no worse than Bass - at the time.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Dinksy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:37 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote:Bass palmed one half clear... Opposition score. That twice this week?
Tuesday night you could put down to 'just one of those things' - a misjudgement in a crowded box, a momentary slip, whatever but yesterday cost us a point and it was difficult to understand why it happened. Yes, he made a couple of good saves after that but now the alarm bells are ringing.
We have a solid centre back area with good competition on the left and right. I don't see a problem with bringing McGillivray back for the run-in because he commands his area better. Don't quite get the reason KJ dropped him in the first place as he was performing well - certainly no worse than Bass - at the time.
Just watched the highlights and I think that is a bit harsh on Bass - he got down to cut out the cross but it just ballooned up to their guy for a tap in. More blame for the goal should be on Raggett for a terrible first touch in the box which lost possession and Bolton for letting the guy swan past him.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Milton End »

Let's face it: we weren't good enough.

From the BBC radio commentary, we had no shots on goal in the first half when the wind was against us - no shots at all? Really?

We only had 7 shots in the second half with only one on target.

By contrast, Fleetwood had 8 shots with four on target - according to the BBC website - including the winning goal.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Actually Curtis hit the bar in the first half!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:20 pm Two changes - Marquis and Bolton in for Close and McCrorie.

No return for Cannon yet.
My lads were training at Roko on Saturday morning, right next to the PFC area, and Andy Cannon walked past. We asked him why he wasn't playing, and apparently, it's never been his glute that's been the problem, it's his hamstring. It's just being very niggly. Nice bloke, thohgh, happy to chat.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour