Possible Confusion

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Possible Confusion

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Thats Rich wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:15 pm
Here is the link mate. Section 3 is businesses and venues.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... distancing
No wonder I'm confused, I was looking at a different document -

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-strategy
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Section 7 annex b 'you are very unlikely to be infected if you walk past another person in the street '.

Now they tell us.
Last edited by Mr Dee on Mon May 11, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

To clear it up once and for all (and completely stolen):

* 4 year olds can go to school but university students who have paid for their tuition and the accommodation that they aren’t living in, can’t go back to university.

* I can go to school with many 4 year olds that I’m not related to but can’t see one 4 year old that I am related to.

* I can sit in a park, but not tomorrow or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.

* I can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe but not two people so if I know two people from another household I have to pick my favourite. Hopefully, I’m also their favourite person from my household or this could be awkward. But possibly I’m not. In fact, thinking about it, I definitely wouldn’t be. But as I can’t go closer than 2m to the one I choose anyway so you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict my eyeline too much and prevent me from being alert.

* I can work all day with my colleagues but I can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.

* I can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day felt like I was some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.

* I can drive to other destinations although which destinations is unclear. I was supposed to be in Brighton this weekend. Can I drive there? It’s hundreds of miles away but no one has said that’s wrong.

* The buses are still running past my house but I shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.

* It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t do know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

* Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.

* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.

* The slogan isn’t stay at home any more.So we don’t have to say at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.

Don’t forget...

Stay alert... which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.

Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my dogs and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about dogs and very little about controlling viruses.

Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that
one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know I’m bragging now but not NOT saving lives is something I do every day.
Best
So there you are. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously.
Living in exile thinking Blue
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:55 pm Lots of people had been saying they want to be treated as adults by government
Yes unfortunately, it's those very adults who have been acting like children....
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

FatBlueAde wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:54 pm
* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.
I think this is the scale you mean.

We get more freedom when we get to Lemon & Herb.

I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

It's perfectly simple....

TEACHER: "Before I begin the lesson, will those of you who are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes down onto the lower peg immediately after lunch, before you write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut, unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case, collect his note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the lower peg for you. Now,--

BOY: Sir?

TEACHER: Yes, Wymer?

WYMER: My younger brother's going out with Dibble this weekend, sir, but I'm not having my hair cut today, sir.

PUPILS: [chuckling]

WYMER: So, do I move my clothes down, or--

TEACHER: I do wish you'd listen, Wymer. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed. "
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 pm
Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:55 pm Lots of people had been saying they want to be treated as adults by government
Yes unfortunately, it's those very adults who have been acting like children....
I meant politicians and the media rather than the public but I guess your response is still valid 👍
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:22 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 pm
I meant politicians and the media rather than the public but I guess your response is still valid 👍
It is great news to see the death figures falling in the UK and many other countries but there are still an awful lot of ********* out there clearly flaunting the social distancing rules. I am really hoping that a few ignorant people don't spoil it for the rest of us.
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

GreenBlue wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 pm It is great news to see the death figures falling in the UK and many other countries but there are still an awful lot of ********* out there clearly flaunting the social distancing rules. I am really hoping that a few ignorant people don't spoil it for the rest of us.
Dominic Cummings, for example?
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

league one blues wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:57 am
GreenBlue wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 pm It is great news to see the death figures falling in the UK and many other countries but there are still an awful lot of ********* out there clearly flaunting the social distancing rules. I am really hoping that a few ignorant people don't spoil it for the rest of us.
Dominic Cummings, for example?
Im surprised by how much anger this is generating. I had assumed Boris would just try and sweep it under the cart and be done with it but there are a lot of people who have sacrificed a lot who see this as a slap in the face. Those who have lost loved ones and not been able to see them in their final moments. People who missed the birth of their kids. People who got fined for making unnecessary journeys. People who were ill and didn’t use the “common sense” to drive 200 miles for child care. You can argue whether Cummings broke the rules or not all you want but there are lot of people who are pissed with how this has been handled and more so at the arrogance Cummings has shown while being caught on camera. Won’t be long before we are being told there never was a lockdown in the first place! People are going to try and suggest this doesn’t bring confusion into the rules? Or because it happened in March does that not matter anymore?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

It may be evident that DC is not a nice fellow. A Millwall-esque attitude - No-one likes-me-I-don't-care doesn't help.
It may also be evident that the media have been out to get him - goaded by MPs who have been given short shrift by the bullish hobgoblin. However, when we extract all these agendas, the question is: did he break the rules?
One parent has CV, the other is showing symptoms, what happens to the young child? What should the healthy parent do? What would you do? Trouble is, this just exposes another loop-hole in Lockdown Mk.1
In my view, this is quite different to when the architect of the social distancing rules, Neil Ferguson, visited his girlfriend a few weeks ago. His trip was totally unjustified.
And while we may not like DC I think we should be wary of the hysteria surrounding the case orchestrated by vultures who, resentful of his Brexit and election success, have been waiting for a banana-skin to bring Boris Johnston down.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Dinksy wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:35 am It may be evident that DC is not a nice fellow. A Millwall-esque attitude - No-one likes-me-I-don't-care doesn't help.
It may also be evident that the media have been out to get him - goaded by MPs who have been given short shrift by the bullish hobgoblin. However, when we extract all these agendas, the question is: did he break the rules?
One parent has CV, the other is showing symptoms, what happens to the young child? What should the healthy parent do? What would you do? Trouble is, this just exposes another loop-hole in Lockdown Mk.1
In my view, this is quite different to when the architect of the social distancing rules, Neil Ferguson, visited his girlfriend a few weeks ago. His trip was totally unjustified.
And while we may not like DC I think we should be wary of the hysteria surrounding the case orchestrated by vultures who, resentful of his Brexit and election success, have been waiting for a banana-skin to bring Boris Johnston down.

I think regardless of if he broke the letter of the law he definitely did the spirit. A lot of people are angry and rightfully so.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Dinksy wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:35 am It may be evident that DC is not a nice fellow. A Millwall-esque attitude - No-one likes-me-I-don't-care doesn't help.

I think regardless of if he broke the letter of the law he definitely did the spirit. A lot of people are angry and rightfully so.
Apparently he had other family and friends howLondon who could have helped out IF needed. Whatever way they try to spin it I don't think is going to work - not asking him to resign immediately could prove to be a huge own goal.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Just seen the DC press conference. Key word in his eulogy? 'debatable'. Just about sums up the situation.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Give it a few days and he will be gone. If not the PM will be walking on very thin ice.