Lockdown Over..

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Hamburg Skate
Paul Merson

Lockdown Over..

Post by Hamburg Skate »

The plebs have had enough of all these lies and spin. Time to use your own judgement.Don't rely on the truth twisters to tell you how to lead your life
Stay 2 meters apart and wash your hands regularly thats all i need to carry on normally. :thumb
Brexit....Voted for it...Sorry i was wrong.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Lockdown Over..

Post by Mr Dee »

Hamburg Skate wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:38 am The plebs have had enough of all these lies and spin. Time to use your own judgement.Don't rely on the truth twisters to tell you how to lead your life
Stay 2 meters apart and wash your hands regularly thats all i need to carry on normally. :thumb
Agreed. Ive always thought the lockdown has been a farce based on flawed science and other guesswork .
Half empty hospitals and staff dancing about while the rest of the country is driven to ruin . Even the 2 metres is based on nothing.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Clearly neither of you has lost anyone to this.
Head in sand and carry on boys
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:56 pm Ive always thought the lockdown has been a farce based on flawed science and other guesswork .
Flawed science? Really? So what is your science to the contrary?
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

All I'm going to say is a mate of mine has a bother, a copper, who nearly died multiple times because of Covid19. His kidneys were damaged & he's now only able to walk with crutches.
Untrue some of the comments on here, but still I suppose its a case of you cant see it so therefore it cant hurt you.
40,000+ deaths & counting but carry on in your own little bubble, ffs.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

pompeygunner wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 am All I'm going to say is a mate of mine has a bother, a copper, who nearly died multiple times because of Covid19. His kidneys were damaged & he's now only able to walk with crutches.
Untrue some of the comments on here, but still I suppose its a case of you cant see it so therefore it cant hurt you.
40,000+ deaths & counting but carry on in your own little bubble, ffs.
29 bus drivers (just in London) have died from Covid-19 but it's okay because they were probably old anyway. Over 50 NHS staff have died from Covid-19, but that is okay because they they were probably unwell anyway. As pompeygunner says Police and many others losing their lives but it's okay as lots of people die of flu each year. People who still don't take this virus seriously are fools. The people who die of normal flu are still dying and Covid-19 deaths are in addition to and not instead of flu.

Those pushing to unlock too quickly are, in my eyes and those of most of the world's top scientists, being extremely reckless.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Green Blue, No one at any time has lessened the sense of loss for those who have lost family or friends on this board and often add that in to their opinion piece. However, there are far more people who haven't known people close to them die from the epidemic, but their own lives have been thrown into turmoil through loss of jobs and other implications.

For those people, surely their opinions should carry as much weight as those who have lost loved ones. The world will be a lot different for a long time to come, but there are many who hanker for what has been lost - trivial to some, but important to others.

Media has focussed on the negative results of the Pandemic, and with a Left leaning popular media, in both the UK and US, the doom and gloom becomes the norm. Is it possible that positive facts are not being released at all, to ensure compliance for the large part - power seeking by the government machine? Polls in recent years have got public opinion wrong almost every time - the same polls and information gathering that is still used to promote Government messaging even now.

People differ in their opinions on every subject, and this message board won't change those opinions. Let others believe what they want and live their lives their way...you can believe and live yours the way you want to.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Unfortunately if people choose to ignore the flawed science, people die, that is an indisputable fact.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

uspompeyfan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm ... there are far more people who haven't known people close to them die from the epidemic, but their own lives have been thrown into turmoil through loss of jobs and other implications.

For those people, surely their opinions should carry as much weight as those who have lost loved ones. The world will be a lot different for a long time to come, but there are many who hanker for what has been lost - trivial to some, but important to others.
Appreciate and respect your opinion however disagree with the sentiment. I don't think a reasonable person needs to have actually lost anyone close to see the devastation this is causing to health and life. Yes we all put ourselves first and our problems, however trivial, will feel far greater major disasters that are happening to others. I may personally be more upset by a Pompey defeat than an earthquake in Iran but when I step back into reality I realise that my problems are trivial.

Job loss is devastating but I'd argue not as devastating as losing a loved one before their time. Jobs and the economy can and will be rebuilt, people dying from this cannot. Financially, the lock down generally appears to have hit harder those who were doing well than those who were just surviving. (if you don't have much you don't have much to lose) and that is probably one reason why in a number of polls people are saying they are financially better off now. The world will return to (a new) normal but that will only be possible if this virus is controlled.
uspompeyfan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm Media has focussed on the negative results of the Pandemic, and with a Left leaning popular media, in both the UK and US, the doom and gloom becomes the norm. Is it possible that positive facts are not being released at all, to ensure compliance for the large part - power seeking by the government machine? Polls in recent years have got public opinion wrong almost every time - the same polls and information gathering that is still used to promote Government messaging even now.
I usually try to get my 'news' from a range of sources (Sky, BBC, ITV, Ch4, Times, Independent and Guardian) and only take 'factual details' as gospel. i.e. numbers rather than analysts' opinions. However, during this crisis, I have massively reduced the amount of news I read/watch/listen to. Instead I get my numbers from Downing St press briefings. I am wondering what the positive facts are that you suggest are not being released.
uspompeyfan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm People differ in their opinions on every subject, and this message board won't change those opinions. Let others believe what they want and live their lives their way...you can believe and live yours the way you want to.
Agreed
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

GreenBlue wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:09 am
Job loss is devastating but I'd argue not as devastating as losing a loved one before their time. Jobs and the economy can and will be rebuilt, people dying from this cannot.
I haven't lost anyone to Covid-19, but Laura (the wife) lost her brother after he fell 200 feet from a cliff. With Langston having a heart / chest issue that could be affected badly from anyone getting the virus, along with the early restrictions to a badly hit State (Washington), she was unable to attend and grieve effectively. This is just as painful to her as losing someone to the virus. Even now, taking 4 kids (Morgan has now got married) would be a huge undertaking. Our family has suffered in all areas, but we still get up every day and move forward - my main issue is that politics seems to have gotten in the way of rescuing the people (sorry Dems, not Republicans are at fault for stopping it)
uspompeyfan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm I usually try to get my 'news' from a range of sources (Sky, BBC, ITV, Ch4, Times, Independent and Guardian) and only take 'factual details' as gospel. i.e. numbers rather than analysts' opinions. However, during this crisis, I have massively reduced the amount of news I read/watch/listen to. Instead I get my numbers from Downing St press briefings. I am wondering what the positive facts are that you suggest are not being released.
To be honest, I get more info on what is happening in the UK from this board and BBC mainly because it has little to no impact on my family (only have a couple of relatives alive back there) and my immediate needs are met by a multitude of US news streams. Since my hotel was closed (extended through the long Arizona Summer to save owners' money), I have volunteered in my church's efforts to benefit and look after the community. Overall, despite AZ starting to peak, the overall concensus is to get back to a sensible norm as quickly as possible, before many businesses are too far gone. The recovery rates are not brought up here and the news focusses mainly on the negative, as mentioned. We can and will recover and this message needs to be encouraged.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.