Ticket options

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Ticket options

Post by New Forester »

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... t-options/

Let’s hope everyone who can afford it goes for option 3.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Ticket options

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I don't mind making a donation, but it is annoying that viewing will be restricted to Sky. With the pubs still shut, it will make watching tricky for those without Sky. Hopefully, it will be on NowTV at a reasonable price.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:31 pm I don't mind making a donation, but it is annoying that viewing will be restricted to Sky. With the pubs still shut, it will make watching tricky for those without Sky. Hopefully, it will be on NowTV at a reasonable price.
No, it'll be on Now TV at the normal price.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I suspect the argument is sky will pay more for it that we would make via I follow sales?
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

So not only will fans not be there but only a few will be priveleged to see the games at all.
What a yawn.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Dinksy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm So not only will fans not be there but only a few will be priveleged to see the games at all.
What a yawn.
I imagine anyone who wants to watch the game will be able to. It's just about if they want to pay for it or not. I can't think of many cases people won't be able to watch it if they really want to.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I personally think the club have handled this very well, but I see there are still fans moaning about it all over social media. Not quite sure how much more the club could have done? With regards to my season tickets I will be crediting my online account for the future, but applying for a refund for the away tickets for Ipswich and Oxford that I had already bought.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I can't see what there is to moan about, people can get their money back if they want can't they. Our owners and CEO are class, try swapping them for the Sunderland ones and then there would be something to moan about!
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:00 pm
Dinksy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm So not only will fans not be there but only a few will be priveleged to see the games at all.
What a yawn.
I imagine anyone who wants to watch the game will be able to. It's just about if they want to pay for it or not. I can't think of many cases people won't be able to watch it if they really want to.
Maybe you can help us out then Sam. We really want to watch the matches but don't have Sky. Mrs J is shielded so can't go out and even if she could, the pubs are closed. Looks to me like we can't watch it. In different circumstances, of course, we'd have watched them at FP, the Kassam and then Wembley (hopefully!). Any suggestions?
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

I think the point is that some matches are being shown on non-subscription TV (i.e. the BBC), so why make others pay for the privilege?
Not that I care much anyway. Promotion this way would not just be an anticlimax but lead to a season of struggle and ultimately relegation in 2020-21. I want to see year-on-year progress and I'm happy to wait another year for a promotion that is sustainable.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

<dj.> wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:52 am
What a yawn.
Maybe you can help us out then Sam. We really want to watch the matches but don't have Sky. Mrs J is shielded so can't go out and even if she could, the pubs are closed. Looks to me like we can't watch it. In different circumstances, of course, we'd have watched them at FP, the Kassam and then Wembley (hopefully!). Any suggestions?
I don't have Sky but will get a 1 month Now TV Sky Sports pass for £25. That is cheaper than the tickets for the three games so surely is manageable for most fans.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

What a yawn.
I see Sky Sports as a brilliant evil. I find their political (small p) influence on the game quite disturbing. Football used to be a game of and for the people. I also hate the way you have to pay for Sky and still watch adverts! At least the BBC, ITV etc only have subscriptions (licence fee) or adverts but not both.

That said, I decided to go against my morals and in early March this year I decided to get Sky Sports. The quality of their sports coverage was amazing although their summarisers annoyed the pants of me. Then, very shortly afterwards world sport stopped. (except marble racing which was actually fun to watch).

So why is this relevant? It might not be for all however with Sky Sports you also get Sky Go that allows you to stream concurrently other devices. Customers who joined before March 26th 2019 (Not me) are able to view on 2 devices at a time. Some of you may have family/friends with Sky Sports who are not utilising this feature? If they were to add your device (PC or tablet) it might be a way around having to through more money at the Sky empire? Just a thought.

Failing that, the BBC (also Talk Sport) provide excellent radio coverage of games. I, and many of you no doubt, grew up with our radios tuned in to Radio 2 (yes Radio 2) on a Saturday afternoon to listen to live commentary. Being old school, I still love a good radio commentary of a match as for some reason, it makes the games more exciting.

Hope this may help some get access to the Pompey playoff games.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

What a yawn.
Now TV is the answer. It's exactly the same broadcast as Sky, including commentary. Just download the app and watch it on your computer or tablet - and if you've got a tv under about ten years old, you can probably plug it into that.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Melbourne Graham
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Melbourne Graham »

I’ve been a season ticket holder for last 8 years but currently in Melbourne (a lot safer than the uk at present) Iarrived in February and signed up to iFollow straight away and was relying on them to watch play offs, I’m hoping Fetch or Foxtel will pick up the play offs but they tend to only have Premier league games, so will be looking online to find if I can sign up to something.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

What a yawn.
It's £9.99 for a Sky Sports day pass on Now TV.

https://www.nowtv.com/promo/sky-sports
Coeli lux nostra ductrix