Stadia lockdown to end

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Stadia lockdown to end

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Just announced that stadia will reopen from October, subject to conditions.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: Stadia lockdown to end

Post by Sam_Brown »

So in regards to my dream of Portsmouth vs Salford being the first game post lockdown televised at Wembley with a crowd...

Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:05 pm Just announced that stadia will reopen from October, subject to conditions.
Great news 👍
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:26 pm So in regards to my dream of Portsmouth vs Salford being the first game post lockdown televised at Wembley with a crowd...
With the proviso of social distancing in seating.

In other words, not all of us who have got tickets to Wembley would be able to go.

Having said that, we might be able to all squeeze in, given that Salford aren't bringing that many fans.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:57 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:26 pm So in regards to my dream of Portsmouth vs Salford being the first game post lockdown televised at Wembley with a crowd...

In other words, not all of us who have got tickets to Wembley would be able to go.

Having said that, we might be able to all squeeze in, given that Salford aren't bringing that many fans.
Given they released 11 players in May, they aren't bringing much of a team either...
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Weybridge wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:29 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:57 pm

Given they released 11 players in May, they aren't bringing much of a team either...
:rofl
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by phat_chris »

Social distancing on their team coach 🤪
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Does this mean all the cardboard cutouts will be furloughed?
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Unless a vaccine that works is forthcoming I wont be able to go sadly. I think there are a lot of us over 60s who will have to think hard about.
Just hoping this "Oxford" vaccine bears fruit & we can all mainly get back to normal.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

There are many long-standing Pompey supporters, including me aged 78, who have been season ticket holders for over 30 years and even longer than that, sitting in the same seat who, during this pandemic, are either ‘shielding’ or are considered to be ‘vulnerable’. I would suggest that their number may be quite significant.
It may not initially be possible for those supporters in October to safely return to their seats and take up their season tickets until such time as a vaccine become available.
I wonder whether, when the stadium re-opens, some way can be found for such older and long standing season ticket holders to have their seats retained during their absence, say for up to one season, until such time as it will be possible for them to attend safely and claim back their seats. Perhaps this could be achieved by making those seats available for sale on a match-to-match basis in the meantime.
Anyone else have any sympathy for this situation.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

streetrifle wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:38 pm I wonder whether, when the stadium re-opens, some way can be found for such older and long standing season ticket holders to have their seats retained during their absence, say for up to one season, until such time as it will be possible for them to attend safely and claim back their seats. Perhaps this could be achieved by making those seats available for sale on a match-to-match basis in the meantime.
This seems like a good proposal. PFC Supporter Liaison Officer, Johnny Moore, is the man to contact. Email probably on the club website somewhere.