Interesting seeing the toon fans today blaming the PL \ FA for the collapse of the potential Newcastle Takeover.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Interesting seeing the toon fans today blaming the PL \ FA for the collapse of the potential Newcastle Takeover.

Post by Sam_Brown »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53601334

You'd have thought after all the other clubs that have had dodgy owners (just look at Wigan) they'd be happy to go through a rigorous process.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Re: Interesting seeing the toon fans today blaming the PL \ FA for the collapse of the potential Newcastle Takeover.

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I think the key quote in that piece was "We thought we were going to be the next Manchester City"

Those grapes are sour.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Interesting seeing the toon fans today blaming the PL \ FA for the collapse of the potential Newcastle Takeover.

Post by Weybridge »

Obviously their human rights record is abominable, and the PL/FA are right to have concerns. I mean, have you seen what Sports Direct workers go through?
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

The Geordies are almost as bad as the Mackems. They think they are a Big Club but they have not won a major trophy since 1955 (ignoring the Mickey Mouse European Cup in 1969).
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:01 pm The Geordies are almost as bad as the Mackems. They think they are a Big Club but they have not won a major trophy since 1955 (ignoring the Mickey Mouse European Cup in 1969).
I don't base a 'big club' on trophies won. To me it is far more than that. History, fan base, catchment, stadium and potential could all be factors in defining a big club. Therefore, on that basis I would say that Newcastle are a big club, maybe sleeping giants. I am not saying they are as big as Man Utd but I would say they are on par with the likes of Tottenham.

Also, the Mackems are a big club for the third tier of English football. As are we.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

What GB said. Saved me writing 😁
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:22 am What GB said. Saved me writing 😁
The world truly has gone mad. We have agreed with each other at least 3 times this week. :P
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

GreenBlue wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 am
The world truly has gone mad. We have agreed with each other at least 3 times this week. :P
No you haven't.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:01 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 am
No you haven't.
:rofl