Portsmouth FC losing up to £700,000 a month

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Portsmouth FC losing up to £700,000 a month

Post by Selsey Bill »

Mark Catlin has told the press that PFC is losing nearly three quarters of a million pounds every month. People still moaning about the Eisners and wanting to have remained fan-owned must surely now realise that we'd be in all sorts of bother if we were still owned by the fans?
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Portsmouth FC losing up to £700,000 a month

Post by itsaintfunny »

I gather revenue is well down with no gate money but presume other things wage bill etc must be a factor ?
Scary stuff.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:12 pm Mark Catlin has told the press that PFC is losing nearly three quarters of a million pounds every month. People still moaning about the Eisners and wanting to have remained fan-owned must surely now realise that we'd be in all sorts of bother if we were still owned by the fans?
Whilst I don't disagree, Bill, I bet a pandemic wasn't one of the reasons people voted for the Eisner's deal, same as it wasn't a consideration when I voted against it. And our cost base would presumably have been significantly lower had we remained fan owned.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:12 pm Mark Catlin has told the press that PFC is losing nearly three quarters of a million pounds every month. People still moaning about the Eisners and wanting to have remained fan-owned must surely now realise that we'd be in all sorts of bother if we were still owned by the fans?
Worrying times. I hope all clubs find a way to get through this but fear that some won't. I for one do appreciate Mr Eisner's investment. Next season will be a very strange one.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

GreenBlue wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:23 pm
Worrying times. I hope all clubs find a way to get through this but fear that some won't. I for one do appreciate Mr Eisner's investment. Next season will be a very strange one.
How long as businessmen will they be prepared to find the losses? I get the impression that they are loyal and won't just ditch us, but cost-cutting will be the order of the day I imagine.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

I think this situation strengthens KJ's position as during these times of uncertainty it might be unwise to make unnecessary changes. Who knows, the consistency could be a key factor in our season and although I am not a fan of his style of football, a similar approach my be more successful this coming season. Perhaps I am just clutching at straws or looking for positives?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

What frustrates me is the deluded lunatics on Twitter, constantly calling for the likes of Paul Cook or Eddie Howe to become our manager, and bemoaning the signing Raggett & Brown as a statement of low intentions.

They have absolutely no clue whatsoever, and I think this is partly why MC has chosen to go public (again) with this figure. And also to try to stop other clubs trying to rip us off with transfer fees, or signing-on fees, or wage demands, etc.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour