Advise the best way to transport vehicles

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Advise the best way to transport vehicles

Post by Mr Dee »

Go and fetch it and grab a haircut while your there 👍
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

This is kind of my area. If its just a single car, and its starts and drives (as well as taxed and MOT'd) its cheaper and quicker to find a driver, rather than a transporter.

Shiply.com are a decent transport brokering service, but I can give you a name or two (with contact numbers) who have delivered vehicles for me very recently.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Two accounts both created on the 8th September 2020. First asks about an issue he has moving cars and second just so happens to post an American company that can solve that issue (that doesn't seem to operate in the UK). Both of them only having one post and coincidentally both happen to be in this topic.

Am I being overly paranoid or does this scream out advertisement \ spam? Perhaps they are getting confused with Portsmouth, New Hampshire :rofl
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:55 pm Two accounts both created on the 8th September 2020. First asks about an issue he has moving cars and second just so happens to post an American company that can solve that issue (that doesn't seem to operate in the UK). Both of them only having one post and coincidentally both happen to be in this topic.

Am I being overly paranoid or does this scream out advertisement \ spam? Perhaps they are getting confused with Portsmouth, New Hampshire :rofl
No, you're right. I spotted it straight away from the first post. Hence my P take reply
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Desparate for business, are we, Kev?
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour