Steve Seddon to Wimbledon on loan

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Steve Seddon to Wimbledon on loan

Post by Selsey Bill »

There's been a lot of negative Pompey news recently, and whilst this isn't really Pompey news any more, it peed me off more than most of the other stuff when I heard this last night. I'm hoping that it was just a chain of unfortunate (for us) lucky events that led to this as I remember reading that Birmingham wanted to play him this season, meaning we couldn't hang around so went for Pring as he was available. As it happens, I think Pring is OK, but Seddon is a far superior footballer than Brown and Haunstrup. It was no coincidence that we went on a run last season when Seddon arrived. At least he can cross the ball and take a decent corner.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Steve Seddon to Wimbledon on loan

Post by Dinksy »

The plan was to wait and see what players Championship and PL clubs were going to farm out. Against that, fans were clamouring for signings. It looks like a little more patience in sticking to the plan would have paid dividends.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

This is very odd. As far as I am aware, Pompey had made their interest very clear to both Birmingham and Steve Seddon that we would like him back. Even if Birmingham had just said they weren't sure, but we would have first choice if he was loaned, then I suspect Pompey would have held on a bit.

I can't imagine that Seddon will get more out of a season's loan to Wimbledon kicking around the lower reaches of L1 than he would get from a season at Pompey. I wonder if he didn't want to come back to Pompey for some reason, or didn't once we had re-signed Brown and he might be fighting for game time.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

You would think Seddon would give his right arm to be part of an exciting, attacking team like KJs.....
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Perhaps we were only interested in a permanent move?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Oh, and guess what, in case you haven't already seen, he scored the winner for Wimbledon yesterday :roll: