Hamilton the greatest driver ever?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Hamilton the greatest driver ever?

Post by portchesterblue »

That sums him up for me, so arrogant to think that he can get someone to change their name after 100 years just because it happens to be the same as his.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

portchesterblue wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:00 pm
That sums him up for me, so arrogant to think that he can get someone to change their name after 100 years just because it happens to be the same as his.
I wonder what will happen when he finds out about the pen company and the Scottish football team ?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

That's down to his advisers, the people that actually run 44IP Ltd. Fair enough, he could have told them not to be so silly, but if they've said to him that they're confident of winning, he's going to accept their advice.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

But I don't get why you would even try? Why would you assume the rest has to change for you?? Don't cate if it is his advisors, they are there to advise, he is there to decide
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

It looks like the story has changed a little. It seems the watch manufacturer only bothered to trademark their name in 2017 once Lewis started marketing his watches. That was what prompted the objection by 44IP. I don’t think it’s about arrogantly stealing the name or whatever.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr Dee wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 pm
I wonder what will happen when he finds out about the pen company and the Scottish football team ?
And the musical.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Weybridge wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:13 pm It looks like the story has changed a little. It seems the watch manufacturer only bothered to trademark their name in 2017 once Lewis started marketing his watches. That was what prompted the objection by 44IP. I don’t think it’s about arrogantly stealing the name or whatever.
But yiu can't blame them for doing that when they have been selling watches for a hundred years, and then some one else sells watches with the same name.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

I'm not sure I get the angst over this tbh. Its also off topic. Others dont like him because he lives abroad, dear o dear. How many singers & film stars do the same to avoid paying tax do the same. Shedloads is the answer, so I hope you dont like them as well lol. :rofl
Is he one of the greatest if not the greatest. Very possibly. Is he British-yes. Is he a nice bloke-honestly who cares really. In a sport that pays to be single minded he excels to the point he dominates. bl**dy good on him I say.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

:thumb
pompeygunner wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:06 pm I'm not sure I get the angst over this tbh. Its also off topic. Others dont like him because he lives abroad, dear o dear. How many singers & film stars do the same to avoid paying tax do the same. Shedloads is the answer, so I hope you dont like them as well lol. :rofl
Is he one of the greatest if not the greatest. Very possibly. Is he British-yes. Is he a nice bloke-honestly who cares really. In a sport that pays to be single minded he excels to the point he dominates. bl**dy good on him I say.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:45 pm
Mr Dee wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 pm
And the musical.
Will Lewis have to change his name now that he's lost the case ? 😉
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

pompeygunner wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:06 pm I'm not sure I get the angst over this tbh. Its also off topic. Others dont like him because he lives abroad, dear o dear. How many singers & film stars do the same to avoid paying tax do the same. Shedloads is the answer, so I hope you dont like them as well lol. :rofl
My sincere apologies for not having exactly the same opinion as you, I will keep it to myself from now on.
I will also ask admin to delete every thread that doesn't mention football for you
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

portchesterblue wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:02 pm
My sincere apologies for not having exactly the same opinion as you, I will keep it to myself from now on.
I will also ask admin to delete every thread that doesn't mention football for you
Off topic as in we were talking about whether Hamilton is the greatest or one of the greats, not where he lives or his general attitude.
Do keep up :thumb
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Once again my sincere apologies for not keeping a thread to only a single track. And again having a different opinion to yourself on whether personality counts in a person and their achievements.
As I can't keep up with your exacting standards I will keep quiet from now on :thumb
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

I've read he will be awarded a knighthood but no doubt he will turn it down as this country is so institutionally racist.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

portchesterblue wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:52 am Once again my sincere apologies for not keeping a thread to only a single track. And again having a different opinion to yourself on whether personality counts in a person and their achievements.
As I can't keep up with your exacting standards I will keep quiet from now on :thumb

Oh dear. You crack on portchesterblue, you seem to be very offended by my posting style. I'm not changing I hope you dont either.