Fans back at Fratton Park?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Fans back at Fratton Park?

Post by Locky_McLockface »

According to Big Bozzer, in Tier 1 areas, up to 4000 fans will be allowed in to sporting venues, and up to 2000 in Tier 2 areas. None in Tier 3 areas.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: Fans back at Fratton Park?

Post by Sam_Brown »

Great stuff. Am a bit curious on the timing because I feel things were more precariously balanced than they were back in August / September but not gonna complain I think most assumed it would be a phased return so here’s hoping the Wembley match can go ahead early into the new year.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

With the vaccine coming soon this is good news imo as long as people are sensible. For instance I think the usual heaving pubs before a game wont happen. It could be a case of go the game, go home. But hey its progress.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

I have to agree it all sounds very good. However, I am going to temper this with a bit of gloom. As part of my work, I project manage refurbishments to hospitals around the south. Most have been rescheduled several times since March and the latest tentative dates are for mid-January. However, these have now been put in doubt as hospitals appear to be preparing to gear up for another lockdown in January to cover the inevitable increase in Covid cases due to the relaxation over Christmas.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

So assuming Portsmouth stays in tier 1, which 4,000 (of the how many thousand season ticket holders are there?) will be chosen to attend?

I wouldn't want to be the one at Fratton Park tasked with deciding that!
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:58 pm So assuming Portsmouth stays in tier 1, which 4,000 (of the how many thousand season ticket holders are there?) will be chosen to attend?

Didn't we choose to be in groups/bands or something when we bought out flexi-season tickets? That is at least the basis for a fair system which allows fans to be offered tickets in turn game-by-game.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:58 pm So assuming Portsmouth stays in tier 1, which 4,000 (of the how many thousand season ticket holders are there?) will be chosen to attend?

My understanding is that there are about 12,000 flexi season ticket holders. At the start of the season the club contacted us all outlining a plan to allocate groups of fans admission to certain games - at that point I believe they were suggesting 1,000 per game. If every fan wanted to take the club up on this offer (I appreciate unlikely) this would mean fans could potentially go to every 12th game at home, i.e. not many, but better than none. Obviously they are now talking of letting up to 4,000 in per game, so hopefully will get to see a few more home games live. :thumb P.S. They were talking about charging an adult about £24 per game.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:58 pm So assuming Portsmouth stays in tier 1,
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us in Tier 2.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:38 pm
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:58 pm So assuming Portsmouth stays in tier 1,
There's a promotion \ relegation joke here but I can't make it work lol.

If it helps put your mind at ease then based on the recent 7-day rolling average Portsmouth cases are on the decline at the moment and putting us ranked 100 in terms of all English Local Authorities. It's down 8% for the week ending 18th November. Newest figures should be out tomorrow.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Someone set me straight here but does this whole thing not make any sense at all?

It sounds like you could cram 4000 fans into Accrington Stanley if they have the right covid tier level in that neighborhood but meanwhile we can generously space 4000 into Old Trafford? Shouldn't this be a % of capacity rather than a hard number?
Div III. Call it what it is.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

Great news but can't help feeling this will gives teams in a lower tier an advantage over those in a higher one, imagine if we have fans at everyone of our home games and other teams in tier 3 have none. Guessing even given the disparity most people would want fans back in some capacity as must be very strange playing in empty stadiums and impressed how quickly teams have adapted.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:28 pm Someone set me straight here but does this whole thing not make any sense at all?

It sounds like you could cram 4000 fans into Accrington Stanley if they have the right covid tier level in that neighborhood but meanwhile we can generously space 4000 into Old Trafford? Shouldn't this be a % of capacity rather than a hard number?
Couldn't agree more - seems crazy to me. Your example shows two extremes in the 4 football leagues, but you could have equally used Fratton Park instead of OT to make your point!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

It's 4k fans or a percentage of the capacity. Whichever is smaller.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:09 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:38 pm
There's a promotion \ relegation joke here but I can't make it work lol.

If it helps put your mind at ease then based on the recent 7-day rolling average Portsmouth cases are on the decline at the moment and putting us ranked 100 in terms of all English Local Authorities. It's down 8% for the week ending 18th November. Newest figures should be out tomorrow.
For those who care about these sorts of things. We're down to 109th and a further decrease for cases in Pompey. -17% on the previous 7 day rolling.

Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

No signing, cheering, shouting or drinking beer apparently.