Oxford Game

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Oxford Game

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pity we couldn't carry on the momentum and get another win under our belt, several draws at home are probably going to cost us an automatic promotion place. Not sure whether its the FP hoodoo or just Karl Robinson out thinking Jacket or a bit of both, Hull are certainly in the driving seat for a place at the moment?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Oxford Game

Post by Milton End »

Was a bit surprised that Kenny had so few options when we needed to respond to the three Oxford changes early in the second half.

Maybe we're a bit light on substitute talent?
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Fair few injuries I think although must admit not been keeping up to date on that side of things.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

With hindsight, the obvious move would have been to bring Nicolaisen on for Cannon to try and stop the Oxford substitutes running at the heart of the Pompey defence. However, if KJ had done that he would have been accused of being negative, and there were only five minutes between the substitutions and the penalty, hardly time to assess the change in Oxford approach. Once Oxford were level, it was too late for the defensive change as we wanted to respond and win.

Overall, the Pompey bench was pretty well balanced, and KJ had options. The one I might have gone for would be to bring Hiwula-Mayifuila on for Harrison for the last ten minutes, just to give the Oxford defence something different to think about.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

That would have been a good shout! :thumb
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 pm The one I might have gone for would be to bring Hiwula-Mayifuila on for Harrison for the last ten minutes, just to give the Oxford defence something different to think about.
Exactly what my lads and I were saying. Bringing on Williams who has little or no end product also probably not the best option.
The sooner we get Jacobs back the better. He will give us more options.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Williams crucially makes space for others by pulling defenders around. I think the error was not starting with him if he was fit.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Was a well dodgy pen though, without that we'd have hung on shrugged our shoulders & been reasonably happy. Starting to dislike Oxford!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:25 pm
Pompey Penguin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 pm The one I might have gone for would be to bring Hiwula-Mayifuila on for Harrison for the last ten minutes, just to give the Oxford defence something different to think about.
Exactly what my lads and I were saying. Bringing on Williams who has little or no end product also probably not the best option.
The sooner we get Jacobs back the better. He will give us more options.
I don't get what Hiwula is bringing to the table. He's supposed to be able to play up front or wide-left. Against Plymouth, when Williams went off injured, we didn't bring Hiwula on.

If KJ doesn't rate him, and fair enough if that's the case, why name him on the bench?
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Same situation as Reeco plus cant remember his name but also a never used striker, that Jacket palmed off to another team who looked very promising. I think Jordy is only here to make up the numbers so will be surprised if we sign him permanently
-- Diane Johnson
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Louis Dennis?
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Yep Louis Dennis thanks :lol:
-- Diane Johnson
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Dennis was apparently very disruptive, had a bad attitude well above his station. The final straw was when he punched Nathan Thompson in the face in a team meeting.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Had Nathan just fallen down in front of him and claimed a foul? :D