Rasmus wants out

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Rasmus wants out

Post by jam tomorrow »

As reported today Rasmus is not a happy bunny and will go in January as he can’t get into the side.Jack & Rags have cemented their place in the team. It seems a shame but from what I’ve seen of him he doesn’t look good enough to be a mainstay in the team, but he is handy to have as a back up. He must have been promised a place by Jacket to come here so must be well peed off!
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Re: Rasmus wants out

Post by Sam_Brown »

I thought he looked good yesterday. It’s a shame because I think he can still offer something and I’m still not 100% confident in Whatmough being able to last the season uninjured. Worth reminding he is only on loan though.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I'd like to see Whatmaugh paired with Nicollson in a game to see how that partnership looks but I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

Rasmus has clearly got ideas above his station for a young inexperienced player. How does he expect to just walk into the side on a permanent basis. Hi agent ought to have a quiet word with him.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I don't bother with iFollow, so I have only seen him play on the three most recently televised games, Ipswich, Plymouth and Kings Lynn.

On that basis:-

Against both Ipswich and Plymouth, he was found wanting. I shudder to think how many rings someone like Josh Magennis will run round him.

He had a decent game on Saturday, but with all due respect to Kings Lynn Town, they're in division 5.

As we saw with Raggett last season, a run in the team would be what he needs to get a bit of confidence and get used to English football. However, if he thinks he's Billy-Big-Bo**ox, and has a right to a place in the team, then frankly, we won't miss him. His one saving grace is that he's naturally left-footed.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

I agree he has ideas above his station and if he chooses to go in January hopefully we can get a couple of decent Centre Backs to replace him and Downing. There again as has been said, if he was played a bit more he may prove a better player than Raggett trouble is can we afford to risk playing him?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:46 pm I don't bother with iFollow, so I have only seen him play on the three most recently televised games, Ipswich, Plymouth and Kings Lynn.

On that basis:-

Against both Ipswich and Plymouth, he was found wanting. I shudder to think how many rings someone like Josh Magennis will run round him.

He had a decent game on Saturday, but with all due respect to Kings Lynn Town, they're in division 5.

As we saw with Raggett last season, a run in the team would be what he needs to get a bit of confidence and get used to English football. However, if he thinks he's Billy-Big-Bo**ox, and has a right to a place in the team, then frankly, we won't miss him. His one saving grace is that he's naturally left-footed.
Thanks for that. I've not seen him too much so appreciate the review.

I think it all comes down to what he was promised when he signed on loan vs what he's actually experiencing. If he was promised he'd get a run of games then can't blame him for feeling a bit miffed but then again looks like he's not impressed in the games he has played.

I can't fault him for wanting to get in the team I mean isn't that what going on loan is for but it obviously works both ways and if he's not good enough at this level then Kenny ultimately has to pick the team he thinks will perform best on the day. I've not seen enough to make that call but presumably Jackett has.
Last edited by Sam_Brown on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Just found the article: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... ng-3051343

BTW does anyone else have massive issues viewing articles on The Snooze as it keeps making my browser crash. Full article below:
It represented his fifth start and eighth appearance overall since joining the Blues in September.

However, the 23-year-old admitted he is concerned over lack of opportunities having primarily joined Pompey to play regularly.

He told The News: ‘I want to stay here for the season but, of course, everyone knows that I want to play.

‘That’s why I’m here, but we’ll see what happens. There are a lot of games between now and January.

‘Of course, I am here to play and if I’m not playing then I can’t see why I should be here.

‘It’s not a lot of games since I was in the team and doing well. Then I had a half struggling (against Plymouth) with the whole team struggling.

‘For sure the team is doing well and there are some good defenders in the team, but I know what I can bring and will do everything to show everyone what I can do.

‘It’s a hard conversation (about other defenders), but it’s a good thing in a great club. They are decent players.’

Nicolaisen insists he has settled in the city with his wife and young son.
To be fair to the lad I don't think it's so much him throwing his toys out the pram just wanting game time. I don't see anything suggesting he's big headed in his quotes. Let's not attribute to malice what could easily be attributed to bad translation \ English from a guy who probably doesn't know English that well.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:57 pm Just found the article: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... ng-3051343

BTW does anyone else have massive issues viewing articles on The Snooze as it keeps making my browser crash. Full article below:
It represented his fifth start and eighth appearance overall since joining the Blues in September.

However, the 23-year-old admitted he is concerned over lack of opportunities having primarily joined Pompey to play regularly.

He told The News: ‘I want to stay here for the season but, of course, everyone knows that I want to play.

‘That’s why I’m here, but we’ll see what happens. There are a lot of games between now and January.

‘Of course, I am here to play and if I’m not playing then I can’t see why I should be here.

‘It’s not a lot of games since I was in the team and doing well. Then I had a half struggling (against Plymouth) with the whole team struggling.

‘For sure the team is doing well and there are some good defenders in the team, but I know what I can bring and will do everything to show everyone what I can do.

‘It’s a hard conversation (about other defenders), but it’s a good thing in a great club. They are decent players.’

To be fair to the lad I don't think it's so much him throwing his toys out the pram just wanting game time. I don't see anything suggesting he's big headed in his quotes. Let's not attribute to malice what could easily be attributed to bad translation \ English from a guy who probably doesn't know English that well.
That is a fair point re his mastery of English. I would, however, take issue with his statement about doing well. He was in the team because Jack was injured, and he was a better bet than Paul Downing. As I said previously, I didn't think he did that well against Ipswich either.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:05 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:57 pm Just found the article: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... ng-3051343

That is a fair point re his mastery of English. I would, however, take issue with his statement about doing well. He was in the team because Jack was injured, and he was a better bet than Paul Downing. As I said previously, I didn't think he did that well against Ipswich either.
Yeah and from reading other places I don't think you're the only one that feels that way either. Be interesting to see how it plays out come January if he's still not had many more games.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Neil allen released this article in the Snooze first thing this morning, I assume to balance the last press release that exactly didn't paint him in the best light:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... me-3055685

Why Denmark visitor Rasmus Nicolaisen and his family are settled in Portsmouth - their new home from home
His Pompey stay may not be yielding the match action he had hoped, yet Rasmus Nicolaisen insists he's enjoying his time on the south coast.
Nicolaisen, his wife and son have moved in property near Gunwharf, a home from home in which they plan to reside in for the full year.
Of course, their presence in the city will primarily depend on the Danish defender’s wish to continue his loan beyond a January recall option.
In the meantime, off the pitch Nicolaisen is adamant he and his family are happy and settled in their new surroundings.
He told The News: ‘Me and my family like the city and were settled.
‘After coming out of lockdown, we’re looking forward to the stores opening again and going out.
‘We live around Gunwharf like the area and atmosphere of the city. It’s great walking about.
‘The football is a bit different, but maybe it’s not as different as I thought.
‘I came from a club in Denmark which has a physical team. For sure English football is more physical than the Danish league, but I think it suits me well.
‘I want to play all the games and do what it takes to get there.’
Nicolaisen last weekend revealed to The News that he would consider cutting his Pompey loan short if he cannot get regular first-team football.
He has played eight matches so far, while was an unused substitute in Tuesday night’s 1-0 defeat at Blackpool.
However, Jack Whatmough and Sean Raggett remain Kenny Jackett’s first-choice centre-half pairing.
He added: ‘This is a good club and all the guys are good company, I really want to be part of it.
‘It’s exciting to be in English football and I’ll do what it takes to get into the team and play as much as possible.’
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Thanks SB.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix