Westwood

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Westwood

Post by Locky_McLockface »

A rumour doing the rounds on Twitter is that Mr W has been banned for 3 games, following his er..., activities at the Coventry friendly.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Westwood

Post by Sam_Brown »

What did he do?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Pompey55 »

I make some comments on Saturday on another thread that both myself and granddaughter who are normally season ticket holders in the Fratton End so used to somewhat boisterous behaviour felt that he had over stepped the mark as to what was fair and reasonable.
He and his little band in the second half (never saw or heard him in the first half) seemed to be bored by the fact the North Stand were not as energetic as the Fratton End.
They left their seats and moved onto the concourse behind moving closer to the Milton End seemly as a challenge to Coventry supporters which was not responded to, I understand that stewards intervened and made them move I’m not sure if they went back to their seats or left but the drumming etc stopped. It was disappointing as it was very much a family atmosphere being no more than a friendly
I’m perfectly honest when in the Fratton End for a meaningful match I’m no angel but behaviour needs to be appropriate to the occasion so if it’s true he got what he deserved in my opinion
These sort of games open to young fans at a modest cost are our base of future fans so it could be off putting to parents who attended with kids
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:27 pm I make some comments on Saturday on another thread that both myself and granddaughter who are normally season ticket holders in the Fratton End so used to somewhat boisterous behaviour felt that he had over stepped the mark as to what was fair and reasonable.
He and his little band in the second half (never saw or heard him in the first half) seemed to be bored by the fact the North Stand were not as energetic as the Fratton End.
They left their seats and moved onto the concourse behind moving closer to the Milton End seemly as a challenge to Coventry supporters which was not responded to, I understand that stewards intervened and made them move I’m not sure if they went back to their seats or left but the drumming etc stopped. It was disappointing as it was very much a family atmosphere being no more than a friendly
I’m perfectly honest when in the Fratton End for a meaningful match I’m no angel but behaviour needs to be appropriate to the occasion so if it’s true he got what he deserved in my opinion
These sort of games open to young fans at a modest cost are our base of future fans so it could be off putting to parents who attended with kids
He carried on singing at the Cov fans after the stewards had a word. They ignored him but he carried on - very sad.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

He's an embarrassment
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by New Forester »

No doubt he will be outside ringing his bell during the three matches.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Whatever your views on Westwood - I wish he would wash the wig. I can't even begin to imagine what it smells like these days.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:58 am Whatever your views on Westwood - I wish he would wash the wig. I can't even begin to imagine what it smells like these days.
It’s a wig? 😅
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:58 am Whatever your views on Westwood - I wish he would wash the wig. I can't even begin to imagine what it smells like these days.
He needs a whole new out fit it's very disheveled. Like Bad Santa but in clown form 😅
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Yeah, but I bet you'll all miss him when he's gone.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:46 am Yeah, but I bet you'll all miss him when he's gone.
I won't - he has a habit of turning up very late to away games, and very often he and his cronies plonk themselves right by us which is irritating to say the least!
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:47 am
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:46 am Yeah, but I bet you'll all miss him when he's gone.
I won't - he has a habit of turning up very late to away games, and very often he and his cronies plonk themselves right by us which is irritating to say the least!
Looking forward to 6th August in the south stand.......

Hopefully, he will be a long way away in the top far corner of the Fratton End: I admire his enthusiasm but the trumpet and drum noise is far too loud for me.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Milton End wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:02 pm

Hopefully, he will be a long way away in the top far corner of the Fratton End: I admire his enthusiasm but the trumpet and drum noise is far too loud for me.
I sat in the south stand for the second half of the season and loved the view, but the people sat around me were either very dull, or very pessimistic, or both. Looking forward to being back in my new old seat the NSL, mainly to see all my old mates that sit in that area, including Sir New Forest.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:16 pm What did he do?
AS per the below.

There is also a video of him pointing his ample rear end towards the Coventry fans, and pretending to insert his finger.

Having been spoken to by the stewards, he and his cronies moved again, and was heard to say something along the lines of "Right, let's windup these muppets instead."
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Milton End wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:02 pm

Quite ironic, given your screen-name.