Is the loyalty point scheme fit for purpose

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Is the loyalty point scheme fit for purpose

Post by Pompey55 »

It’s been interesting with the sell out of the Northampton game that questions are being asked about the loyalty point scheme in particular the trend to increase the thresholds as the season has progressed
Personally the changes don’t affect me but I do question if this approach is fair and is actually rewarding all equally
I felt giving 23 points to all season ticket holders was a worthless gesture as it’s just upped the thresholds by the same amount
My concern is that people are attending matches and gaining points but as they accumulate those points the thresholds are being increased so in my opinion their loyalty is not being rewarded in a fair and proper manner
The current scheme appears to favour those at the upper level of points like myself whilst others build up points only to see their chance of tickets to some games not improving at all as the thresholds change
I also note that despite it being said that points would only be valid for 2 years that earlier points are not being deleted thus further benefiting those who have early points awarded
I would welcome other views as I wonder if I am just being over critical
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Re: Is the loyalty point scheme fit for purpose

Post by Sam_Brown »

I was disappointed not to get Northampton tickets for December but I’ve never been able to get them previously for some reason. It’s a small stadium maybe just lack of tickets.

I’ve never owned a season ticket so I might be wrong there but didn’t season ticket holders used to get first preference on away tickets? If so it feels like nothings changed and I still can’t get tickets. Just they just swapped in points rather than just saying ST holders have first dibs.

What I do find annoying is last time I got tickets I had to set up accounts for the people I were buying the tickets for. I get it means they have something to assign points to but buying for tickets for people who don’t usually come is a faff. I just have three accounts I set up for myself, brother and dad. If anyone else wants to come I’ll just get tickets under those accounts even if it’s not them. No one has ever checked plus my wife or dad get more points despite not going.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

It's a really tricky one to get right - but I can't help but thinking giving people 23 points for a season ticket is as time goes on just make it impossible for anyone who's not a season ticket to get enough points to be in any bracket other than general sale.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

It worked reasonably well last season when it was normally 30/15/ST/members
At present ST and members who haven’t been to many games are pretty much excluded from many games
It’s notable that in the terms and conditions of the season ticket it clearly states holders will get preferred status for away games but this is no longer the case
It would seem that these changes this season were purely cosmetic to say yes season ticket holders get points when in fact it’s made things more difficult for them
I’m a firm believer in if is not broke don’t fix it
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I don't really know too much about the subject of this thread because I don't go to many away matches these days, possibly one or two per season. So therefore if I am given loyalty points because I am a season ticket holder I would deem that unfair if I am depriving points from someone who regularly goes away. When I have gone to away matches I have generally got them from the club we are playing, which is obviously in the home end. I have done that at Gillingham on the last three times we have played them. This is usually only possible to do, it seems, at the smaller clubs. I haven't been to any away games this season so any 'loyalty reward' I get is unfair.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:22 am It's a really tricky one to get right - but I can't help but thinking giving people 23 points for a season ticket is as time goes on just make it impossible for anyone who's not a season ticket to get enough points to be in any bracket other than general sale.
It would maybe work better if they actually started deleting points more than 2 years old as was advised when the loyalty point system was established at present I have points almost years old on my account dated December 2021 will we interesting if the disappear next month
That's way it's fairer to people just starting to accrue points
Last edited by Pompey55 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:53 pm I was disappointed not to get Northampton tickets for December but I’ve never been able to get them previously for some reason. It’s a small stadium maybe just lack of tickets.

I’ve never owned a season ticket so I might be wrong there but didn’t season ticket holders used to get first preference on away tickets? If so it feels like nothings changed and I still can’t get tickets. Just they just swapped in points rather than just saying ST holders have first dibs.

What I do find annoying is last time I got tickets I had to set up accounts for the people I were buying the tickets for. I get it means they have something to assign points to but buying for tickets for people who don’t usually come is a faff. I just have three accounts I set up for myself, brother and dad. If anyone else wants to come I’ll just get tickets under those accounts even if it’s not them. No one has ever checked plus my wife or dad get more points despite not going.
Register on the Northampton website and buy your tickets in the home end nearest the Pompey section. Thats what I have done over the years when I couldn`t get tickets in the Pompey section. Best of luck!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man