January Transfer Targets

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

January Transfer Targets

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Pompey are in a great position after the first three months of the season to push on and get promoted this year. I think the squad is pretty strong but I am interested in what specific players you think Pompey should consider in the January transfer window.

I think the team should look at players who could add to their ability to create and score goals. Pompey have shown that their strategy is that they will invest transfer fees into players who are under 26 and can develop and have a re-sale value. I have tried to keep this strategy in mind when making my search.

I also have seen Mousinho say a while ago that he is looking to sign a left winger and then more recently the suggestion is that Pompey are looking for players who have pace in particular in their search for January targets.

I have not found a left winger so far and I am not sure about pace with these two players but I think they are players that Pompey should consider. I'm also thinking that Pompey should consider the no.10 position since Robertson and Anjorin are both on loan and therefore next season there is space in the squad for a permanent signing to make the position their own.

Do you have a player that you would recommend that Pompey consider?

Lets be realistic and if nothing else we can all learn something about players to watch for in the January window
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: January Transfer Targets

Post by Jack_Tinn »

My first player for consideration is Davis Keillor-Dunn at Mansfield.

He's 26 in November so a little older perhaps but his best years are ahead of him. He plays as a no.10 for L2 Mansfield but can also play in attack too as required. He has 8 goals and four assists this season in 15 games (almost one goal or assist per game!).

He managed His 25 goals in 87 for Oldham and then joined Burton and scored 5 goals in 19 appearances for them in L1 including last season. He joined Mansfield and scored six and had four assists in 19 games last season (one goal or assist per game!).

GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:34 pm My first player for consideration is Davis Keillor-Dunn at Mansfield.

He's 26 in November so a little older perhaps but his best years are ahead of him. He plays as a no.10 for L2 Mansfield but can also play in attack too as required. He has 8 goals and four assists this season in 15 games (almost one goal or assist per game!).

He managed His 25 goals in 87 for Oldham and then joined Burton and scored 5 goals in 19 appearances for them in L1 including last season. He joined Mansfield and scored six and had four assists in 19 games last season (one goal or assist per game!).

Are you his agent? :wink:
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

My second player for consideration is Ali Al-Hamadi.

He's 21 year old (22 in March) and came to the UK from Iraq when he was 1yo. He is 6'1" and plays for Wimbledon in L2. He had 10 goals last year for Wimbledon in 19 games in L2 and he has 4 goals and 5 assists in 14 games this year.

He plays for the Iraqi national team and is an up and coming player. He is regularly included in the lists of the best players in L2 and he is only 21....

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Both of these Players are going to cost. That is if they can be persuaded to come to FP given that other Strikers have been reluctant because they think they will get limited game time because Bishop is clearly Number One
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:42 am Both of these Players are going to cost. That is if they can be persuaded to come to FP given that other Strikers have been reluctant because they think they will get limited game time because Bishop is clearly Number One
it depends on what you mean by cost? Yes both would involve a transfer fee but Pompey aren't going to be able to build a sustainable Championship side going forward which is completely reliant on frees and loans.

The Owners I expect/hope realise this. If we cannot invest in young up and coming players who can help us get promoted when we are top of the table and unbeaten after 26 games when are we/the owners going to invest in the playing squad?

Bishop cost £500k but he was a more proven commodity than either of these players.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Just by way of an update. Ipswich signed Al Hamadi for £1m from Wimbledon during the transfer window

https://therealefl.co.uk/2024/01/29/afc ... -transfer/

Ipswich needed a striker since Hurst has a knee injury. As well as signing Al Hamadi they also picked up Keifer Moore from Bournmouth