Your Team for Northampton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Your Team for Northampton

Post by phat_chris »

NSRailings wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:42 pm
phat_chris wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:40 pm By modern rules players deemed to be entering a challenge in a dangerous manner can be carded irrespective of whether they make contact with the ball or player. Dangerous challenges include, but are not limited to, diving into a challenge with both feet, going in studs first, going in studs raised, being out of control (not being in contact with the ground). If the referee deemed the challenge dangerous, then that's why he was sent off.

As I say, I haven't seen the tackle so cannot say whether any of the above is relevant.
None of the above.

We'll I've watched that several times, even slowed down to 0.25 speed, and that's as clean a ball winning challenge as I've ever seen. It's not even a foul. If we don't appeal that, I have no idea why.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

If you really slow that down it's very clear McIntyre makes firm contact with the ball which appears about two feet from their player behind him and both his legs/feet are on the ground. If anything it looks like their player has gone through with his left foot and made contact with McIntrye's boot??

Defo no foul there and it must be appealed
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

He won the ball fair and square, both players going for it. If that's a red card then the game's gone. They must appeal.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

eltorrro wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:38 pm If you really slow that down it's very clear McIntyre makes firm contact with the ball which appears about two feet from their player behind him and both his legs/feet are on the ground. If anything it looks like their player has gone through with his left foot and made contact with McIntrye's boot??

Defo no foul there and it must be appealed
Yes the follow through from the opponent made him kick McIntyre's boot, sending him flying. This was after the ball was won and was heading in the opposite direction. Very poor decision by the ref. Needs appealing.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Paddy Lane and Callum Lang were sublime yesterday. Bishop took a weak penalty again, wonder if we should replace him as penalty taker, he's doesn't hit the ball hard enough imho. Hit it high and hard and you'll always score.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

StMonkton wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:15 pm For who’s protection, yours or their’s?
Probably mine these days!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

phat_chris wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:40 pm I'll pre-face this by saying I haven't seen the tackle.

By modern rules players deemed to be entering a challenge in a dangerous manner can be carded irrespective of whether they make contact with the ball or player. Dangerous challenges include, but are not limited to, diving into a challenge with both feet, going in studs first, going in studs raised, being out of control (not being in contact with the ground). If the referee deemed the challenge dangerous, then that's why he was sent off.

As I say, I haven't seen the tackle so cannot say whether any of the above is relevant.
Sorry to be pedantic but they are laws not rules. Also, it is not a modern law change that outlaws any tackle that potentially endangers an opponent.

That said, I believe we are in agreement that this was not such challenge. I think we should appeal this one. PUP
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:53 pm Paddy Lane and Callum Lang were sublime yesterday. Bishop took a weak penalty again, wonder if we should replace him as penalty taker, he's doesn't hit the ball hard enough imho. Hit it high and hard and you'll always score.
Depends how high you hit it :lol: :lol:

That said I don't disagree that we'll be considering other options for the next one.