Reading

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Reading

Post by Pompey55 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:16 pm Bolton play one of their games in hand on Tuesday @Cambridge

next weekend Blackpool vs Bolton and Barnsley vs Derby

real chance for Pompey to power on if they can get a win at Charlton.

Tuesday 27th: Derby play their game in hand at home to Charlton and Bolton play their second of three games in hand away at Wigan.

It should become a lot clearer over the next 10 days. Pompey can only concentrate on their own games ....
We have to put the Charlton bogey team history out of the way sometime we will not have a better chance to do so than next week
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:25 am
New Forester wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:18 am 20,113. Best for how long?
Will not be bettered as Reading took their full allocation and we sold out apart from Derby no one else will do that
Barnsley might if it doesn't get moved for internationals (we don't have 3 now), as end of March could be crunch time for them too.

If a team takes the smallest allocation we give to them and we sell out is it less then?
Hamburg Skate
Paul Merson

Post by Hamburg Skate »

Apparently best attendance since Arsenal 2009.
Brexit....Voted for it...Sorry i was wrong.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:20 am
Pompey55 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:25 am
New Forester wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:18 am 20,113. Best for how long?
Will not be bettered as Reading took their full allocation and we sold out apart from Derby no one else will do that

If a team takes the smallest allocation we give to them and we sell out is it less then?
We are obliged by league rules to offer up to 2000 to away fans only if they don’t take this then more seats can be released for general sale to our supporters is how I believe it works
As was the case with Cambridge we can’t sell seats in their section to home fans due to segregation
So yes unless a team takes the 2000 allocated we can’t better yesterdays gate
Hamburg Skate
Paul Merson

Post by Hamburg Skate »

Nice View.!
Brexit....Voted for it...Sorry i was wrong.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

They have a Reading Room in our Library, now I know why.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Fantastic performance though up until we scored Reading outclassed us and, for me, were the best team I have seen at Fratton Park this season. Our defence during that opening 35 minutes was excellent though. We are so much better with Ogilvie at LB, Shaughnessy is a Rolls Royce of a defender and Raggett was outstanding on Saturday. Then that kick from Norris to Kamara changed the game, completely. There are a few fans around me (NSL) that really do my head in. On Tuesday night they were getting at MPH, on Saturday afternoon it was Norris in the first half hour or so, even though he was helping to keep us in the game. Admittedly, several of his attempted kicks went astray, and for those he was getting pelters. What these so called fans seem to forget is the other 50,000 kicks or throws he has made this season that have been pin-point accurate! On to Saturday, Charlton always my favourite away game of the season. Can't wait!
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Thanks SB for the BFTG feedback - always interesting.

Sad to hear about the few fans whose bottle is nearly always half empty. Hopefully, they kept quiet in the second half.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Milton End wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:24 pm Thanks SB for the BFTG feedback - always interesting.

Sad to hear about the few fans whose bottle is nearly always half empty. Hopefully, they kept quiet in the second half.
Didn't hear a squeak out of them after his fantastic kick to Kamara started the move for the first goal :lol:
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

They were probably too busy patting themselves on the back for the effect their inspired motivational encouragement had made on his performance!
Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:37 pm
Milton End wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:24 pm Thanks SB for the BFTG feedback - always interesting.

Didn't hear a squeak out of them after his fantastic kick to Kamara started the move for the first goal :lol:
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.