Tonight’s League One fixtures (27 Feb 2024)

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Tonight’s League One fixtures (27 Feb 2024)

Post by jam tomorrow »

As has been said on the other forum

"Last night will mean nothing if we don't keep our heads down and beat Oxford on Saturday. Complacency is our enemy now."
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:32 am
PompeyinAnjou wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:14 am Well it's in our hands. Of the last eleven games we play all the six teams just behind us. The pressure is mounting on every team and it will be down to mentality, as much as anything. They'll be injuries, cards and bad decisions, for every team involved and they'll be few easy games. There are only a handful of teams with little to play for and even those they'll be players, playing for their futures, with contracts up for renewal or finishing.

I quite fancy Orient to win the play offs. They are on a very good run.
Sorry to correct you but of the seven Clubs behind us we play five of them having played Stevenage & Orient twice. I would remind everyone of those seven Clubs only Orient have beaten us! The only one of the chasing Teams worry me a little is Barnsley. However it would seem likely that our Match against them will be postponed due to International call ups. So the Game is probably going to be played on a tuesday night at Fratton under the lights, awesome!
We won't have three calls ups - I'm hoping Barnsley do, so that we end up not losing Paddy Lane for a match.

Looking at Barnsley fixtures if this is moved it might have to be the last midweek of the season.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

jam tomorrow wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:17 pm As has been said on the other forum

"Last night will mean nothing if we don't keep our heads down and beat Oxford on Saturday. Complacency is our enemy now."
I disagree. The chasing teams need to average about 0.6 points a match better than us for all the remaining matches of the season to finish above us. Therefore, whatever our result against Oxford (and I believe we will win comfortably), yesterday's defeats for Bolton and Derby mean a huge amount.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

GreenBlue wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:29 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:17 pm As has been said on the other forum

I disagree. The chasing teams need to average about 0.6 points a match better than us for all the remaining matches of the season to finish above us. Therefore, whatever our result against Oxford (and I believe we will win comfortably), yesterday's defeats for Bolton and Derby mean a huge amount.
GB is right and there's no need to post in massive text - especially when you're wrong :lol:

It's obvious by now that Mousinho and coaching staff won't let complacency set in. And that includes players like Pack as well. So if we do have a dip or two then arses will be kicked.

Have got a ticket for Saturday and can't wait.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

NSRailings wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:27 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:29 pm

GB is right and there's no need to post in massive text - especially when you're wrong :lol:

It's obvious by now that Mousinho and coaching staff won't let complacency set in. And that includes players like Pack as well. So if we do have a dip or two then arses will be kicked.

Have got a ticket for Saturday and can't wait.
Excuse my shouting just wanted to make sure we take advantage of our situation by not getting complacent l realise we have some experience in the team that will keep us grounded. Just don’t want us to let this opportunity to slip away put it down to 😟 nerves
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson