Supporters' Groups (PST, TGFC etc.)

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Supporters' Groups (PST, TGFC etc.)

Post by Sam_Brown »

Thanks 55. I don’t necessarily have an issue with people getting points for having a ST but yeah it should be a rolling 12 / 24 month period.

Luckily should we get promoted stadiums in the Championship should allow for more away tickets.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I won't be renewing my membership next season there is absolutely no point the way the tickets are done at the moment.

I can't get tickets near to where I live because I don't have enough points and I will never have enough points due to where I live.

The only way I can get to games is planning well in advance a trip to Fratton (both times it's been moved) which I suspect will become even harder of we are promoted as tickets will just sell out earlier or be less as away clubs bring more.

Using other people's client reference numbers to get tickets because I want to go to a game, but this doesn't solve the problem of me ever being able to build up enough points. Or by some fluke it gets down to circa 30 points.

Even if it does get to 30 points, I can't sit with my dad because he has loads more points (being a season ticket holder). Or days like yesterday my dad misses out waiting for tickets to get to a points bracket where we have contacts in that points range - it's impossible to get tickets for the boy aswell. Perhaps this is why every time I go to a game these days there are people sat in my seat because they want to be sat with their mates?

It's frustrating that all the previous loyalty has been discarded - but I understand why. It's a big shame to see that any sort of shareholder loyalty has been dissolved, and that the membership is just a utter waste of £40 or whatever it is. Why no points for I-Folllow audio passes? Purchases from the club shop? I-Follow match passes? Why not ensure some tickets are available for each point bracket e.g. 5% of tickets available will be general sale. Reward the organised.

I'm pretty much accepting of the fact that by and large the only way I get to follow my football team is on I-Follow audio or through logistical planning to rival D-Day which ultimately doesn't benefit me.

Three or us used to go to the matches together - we haven't all been able to attend the same match all season.

I know this sounds like a moan, and to be fair some of it is, but it's pretty sad when you realise you stand no chance of seeing your team when there just down the road and you have to tell your lad time and time again you can't get tickets. He will just support someone else...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I should add to that I understand we are having a good season so demand is higher and I understand that grounds are smaller and Fratton is the size that Fratton is.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:38 am I won't be renewing my membership next season there is absolutely no point the way the tickets are done at the moment.

I can't get tickets near to where I live because I don't have enough points and I will never have enough points due to where I live.

The only way I can get to games is planning well in advance a trip to Fratton (both times it's been moved) which I suspect will become even harder of we are promoted as tickets will just sell out earlier or be less as away clubs bring more.

Using other people's client reference numbers to get tickets because I want to go to a game, but this doesn't solve the problem of me ever being able to build up enough points. Or by some fluke it gets down to circa 30 points.

Even if it does get to 30 points, I can't sit with my dad because he has loads more points (being a season ticket holder). Or days like yesterday my dad misses out waiting for tickets to get to a points bracket where we have contacts in that points range - it's impossible to get tickets for the boy aswell. Perhaps this is why every time I go to a game these days there are people sat in my seat because they want to be sat with their mates?

It's frustrating that all the previous loyalty has been discarded - but I understand why. It's a big shame to see that any sort of shareholder loyalty has been dissolved, and that the membership is just a utter waste of £40 or whatever it is. Why no points for I-Folllow audio passes? Purchases from the club shop? I-Follow match passes? Why not ensure some tickets are available for each point bracket e.g. 5% of tickets available will be general sale. Reward the organised.

I'm pretty much accepting of the fact that by and large the only way I get to follow my football team is on I-Follow audio or through logistical planning to rival D-Day which ultimately doesn't benefit me.

Three or us used to go to the matches together - we haven't all been able to attend the same match all season.

I know this sounds like a moan, and to be fair some of it is, but it's pretty sad when you realise you stand no chance of seeing your team when there just down the road and you have to tell your lad time and time again you can't get tickets. He will just support someone else...
Join the "Northern Blues" I am told they are always able to get tickets
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:11 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:38 am I won't be renewing my membership next season there is absolutely no point the way the tickets are done at the moment.

Join the "Northern Blues" I am told they are always able to get tickets
I heard on Saturday that Chichester blues got 40 for Peterborough so just join your nearest group
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Leon T. »

Afternoon all.

The next TGFC meeting will be held next Saturday (6th April). This will be the last TGFC meeting this season.

Please post any questions you would like raising with the club by the end of Monday and I'll do my best to get them on the agenda.

Unfortunately, I can't attend in person this time, as I'm on holiday. Which also means I'm missing the Shrewsbury game - potentially the game at which we'll be promoted! Oh... and thanks to Sky I'm also missing the Derby game.

Anyway, enough whinging. Ask away!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Leon T. wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:38 pm Afternoon all.

The next TGFC meeting will be held next Saturday (6th April). This will be the last TGFC meeting this season.

Please post any questions you would like raising with the club by the end of Monday and I'll do my best to get them on the agenda.

Unfortunately, I can't attend in person this time, as I'm on holiday. Which also means I'm missing the Shrewsbury game - potentially the game at which we'll be promoted! Oh... and thanks to Sky I'm also missing the Derby game.

What about introducing loyalty points for people who buy the audio passes, and I follow game passes? Not saying you should get the same number of points, but it is still a show of loyalty towards the club.

Take yesterday for example lots of people will have watched the game legally (and illegally).

Is there anything fans can do to amplify the need for the bridge?
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Leon T. »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:12 pm

What about introducing loyalty points for people who buy the audio passes, and I follow game passes? Not saying you should get the same number of points, but it is still a show of loyalty towards the club.

Take yesterday for example lots of people will have watched the game legally (and illegally).

Loyalty points for streaming games is an interesting question given the club is moving away from iFollow from next season:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... fl-4457912

Could you possibly expand a bit on the bridge question? Do you mean is there anything fans can do to lobby the Council and other parties?

Cheers.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Are not what is currently i follow live streaming going to be replaced by Sky streaming next season as part of the new tv contracts plus if we get promoted 5 championship games each weekend will be moved from 3:00 for live broadcast
Welcome to the EFL selling their soul and stuff the support at the stadium
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Leon T. wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:33 pm

Loyalty points for streaming games is an interesting question given the club is moving away from iFollow from next season:

Could you possibly expand a bit on the bridge question? Do you mean is there anything fans can do to lobby the Council and other parties?

Cheers.
I know they are moving away from I-Follow but if you live overseas for example you could watch every single Pompey game on I-Follow. Then come back to the UK and can't get to a game - it is showing loyalty in the best way they can. Basically, if your buying something through the I-Follow replacement should that show of loyalty not being recognised with, for example half a point.

With regards to the bridge it's a stumbling block to the regeneration of Fratton and Fratton Park. The club often make reference to incidents at Fratton station - should fans caught up in these incidents vocalise this to someone, even if it's the club who collate it.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:13 pm

Cheers.
I know they are moving away from I-Follow but if you live overseas for example you could watch every single Pompey game on I-Follow. Then come back to the UK and can't get to a game - it is showing loyalty in the best way they can. Basically, if your buying something through the I-Follow replacement should that show of loyalty not being recognised with, for example half a point.

With regards to the bridge it's a stumbling block to the regeneration of Fratton and Fratton Park. The club often make reference to incidents at Fratton station - should fans caught up in these incidents vocalise this to someone, even if it's the club who collate it.
I totally agree that if someone is paying to access a game that directly benefits the club then there should be some tangible acknowledgment from the club in the way of some sort of loyalty award
Why not a small percentage of seats held for those who do so, it’s no different in my view to doing the same for supporter groups as is the current situation
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

What do other clubs do that is fairer than the way we do things?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:15 pm What do other clubs do that is fairer than the way we do things?
From what I’ve seen not a single club has a system that pleases everyone but many do base their away ticket allocation on a loyalty system based upon attendance at away games not home games or season tickets
This in reality is what we did previously with 1 point for each individual ticket purchased but not including season tickets
From our point of view at the beginning of last season we had a few points but built points going to the less attractive and higher allocation games
We slowly moved up the threshold levels
Last year the only complaints I saw about the system was for the Spurs game
The sudden 23 points for a season ticket and now 2 points for away games has in my view messed up the whole system plus suddenly with success away tickets are at a premium so to many it’s now an unfair system ignoring the fact points were built up when we were crap
I find it interesting listening to people on the coaches who admit to it being their first game for x years but have managed to get tickets so there is a way to circumvent the points system
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Leon T. »

The PST has announced the players chosen by Pompey fans to feature on a new street art mural at Fratton Park:

Alan Knight
Guy Whittingham
Kanu
Linvoy Primus
Paul Merson
Robert Prosinečki

The mural will be painted onto the side wall of the club shop, and will be ready for Tuesday's game vs Derby.
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Leon T. »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:13 pm

Cheers.

Thanks for clarifying - much appreciated.

Re. safety incidents on Goldsmith and at Fratton Station, Andy Cullen said at the last TGFC that fans could send reports to the club and they will forward on to the relevant parties.