Farewell.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Farewell.

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Thats Rich wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:45 am Ever get the feeling you have a hook in your mouth. 😉
Kinky.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

When there is a large number of people, even if there is a similar interest (A love of Pompey in this case, even Itsaintfunny, although he just doesn't realise it yet), there will always be a broad band of views and opinions expressed.

Being a proud 'woke, green lefty', I have posted a fair old number of posts that have been rather strongly disagreed with, and equally, I have strongly disagreed with a number of posts by the 'non-woke, green lefties' (so they must all be fascists :wink:)

Where I have disagreed, I hope my views never came across as overly aggressive or overly personal attack-like, as my disagreements were primarily with the content of the post and not the individual. We don't all see things the same or have the same opinions. Fact.

Blue Walter and I used to have regular run-ins as we have very varied views on a number of topics but I never once remember him becoming personal or aggressively trying to shut me down. Just well thought out ideas, presented articulately and, if I had the time to get to the end of reading them, I would usually have learned something or tried to see things from a different perspective. (Even though I was always right and he was always wrong of course :wink:)

I usually feel a bit sad when I see people resigning from the board, especially when I know that they used to enjoy it a lot. The trouble with all forums is that we can base our interpretations of posts on the words alone and sometimes, we become oversensitive regarding our perceived understanding of those words.

Personally, I think this forum is fantastic now because I have blocked absolutely everyone, so I can only see my own posts. :lol:
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

GreenBlue wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm When there is a large number of people, even if there is a similar interest (A love of Pompey in this case, even Itsaintfunny, although he just doesn't realise it yet), there will always be a broad band of views and opinions expressed.

Being a proud 'woke, green lefty', I have posted a fair old number of posts that have been rather strongly disagreed with, and equally, I have strongly disagreed with a number of posts by the 'non-woke, green lefties' (so they must all be fascists :wink:)

Where I have disagreed, I hope my views never came across as overly aggressive or overly personal attack-like, as my disagreements were primarily with the content of the post and not the individual. We don't all see things the same or have the same opinions. Fact.

Blue Walter and I used to have regular run-ins as we have very varied views on a number of topics but I never once remember him becoming personal or aggressively trying to shut me down. Just well thought out ideas, presented articulately and, if I had the time to get to the end of reading them, I would usually have learned something or tried to see things from a different perspective. (Even though I was always right and he was always wrong of course :wink:)

I usually feel a bit sad when I see people resigning from the board, especially when I know that they used to enjoy it a lot. The trouble with all forums is that we can base our interpretations of posts on the words alone and sometimes, we become oversensitive regarding our perceived understanding of those words.

Personally, I think this forum is fantastic now because I have blocked absolutely everyone, so I can only see my own posts. :lol:
That is funny! :smt005 So you are the person referred to from the saying..'he could start an argument in an empty room'!!