Wycombe

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Wycombe

Post by Blue Walter »

PeteM wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 pm Massive, massive win for us today. 8 points needed to guarantee promotion and 11 to guarantee the title. Takes a lot of pressure off the game on Tuesday, both sides might take the view that a point is a decent result now (us to win the title and Derby to finish second) although I'm sure both will set out to win the game. This group of players and staff have been rock solid mentally and deserve a huge amount of credit. Hopefully we can finish things off, starting on Tuesday night!
Looking at the Derby site they reckon they are almost there, even losing against Pompey. They see the fact that they are 6 points clear of Bolton that they are almost there. They don't fancy Bolton's chances against Pompey but they think they could nick a point on Tuesday. One poster suggested that because we are already up maybe we won't be so 'up for it'. Bolton still feel that this season has been a missed chance because they have the best squad.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Blue Walter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 pm
NSRailings wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm Is there anyone else as weak and feeble as me? I have become so nervous coming into these matches I have started to avoid watching the away games. Today I had to visit the toilet several times and I just checked the score on my phone when it got the better of me. Ashamedly I only started watching the game when Saydee scored our third goal. I am not finding games enjoyable, when we take the lead I just want the ref to blow the whistle. I just don't see them as games anymore as the result is so important. It is a ridiculous state to get into.

The thing is non Pompey fans see us as up already. It is a three horse race now between us Derby and Bolton but, as it stands, Bolton need to win 4 more games than Pompey to overtake them from 6 remaining games. If you were a Bolton fan you just wouldn't give them a chance. Only feeble Pompey fans do that.
Shut up, Tralter

Tralter ???, or if you meant Traiter ????
...or even traitor??? :wink:
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

New Forester wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm Is there anyone else as weak and feeble as me? I have become so nervous coming into these matches I have started to avoid watching the away games. Today I had to visit the toilet several times and I just checked the score on my phone when it got the better of me. Ashamedly I only started watching the game when Saydee scored our third goal. I am not finding games enjoyable, when we take the lead I just want the ref to blow the whistle. I just don't see them as games anymore as the result is so important. It is a ridiculous state to get into.

The thing is non Pompey fans see us as up already. It is a three horse race now between us Derby and Bolton but, as it stands, Bolton need to win 4 more games than Pompey to overtake them from 6 remaining games. If you were a Bolton fan you just wouldn't give them a chance. Only feeble Pompey fans do that.
You are not alone! You would think that the older you get the less stress you would feel about your sport. It hasn’t worked that way for me. As you say, other fans will think we are a shoe in. Not us. We worry onwards.
I agree with you there. Speaking for myself I worry that I will not see anymore success in my lifetime.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by phat_chris »

eltorrro wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 pm

Shut up, Tralter

What about the outside possibility that he meant tractor? Time to get out and plough the field Walter!
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Shut up, Tralter

Touché
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

phat_chris wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 pm

Shut up, Tralter

What about the outside possibility that he meant tractor? Time to get out and plough the field Walter!
Quite possibly, but what does that mean? Perhaps you could explain.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric

Post by phat_chris »

Blue Walter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 pm

Shut up, Tralter

The main purpose of ploughing consists in breaking and turning up the first layer soil in order to let soil incorporate air and bring fresh nutrients up to the surface, bury leftovers of previous crops and control weeds. In modern farming this is typically done by a tractor pulling a plough although in some parts of the world they still use a burdenbeast such as an oxen to pull the plough.

I hope this answers your questions.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 33 times

Post by StMonkton »

I agree . It’s sort of pathetic but unavoidable.

I felt the same with Andy Murray at Wimbledon, couldn’t watch because the result was too important.

PUP.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

phat_chris wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 pm

Shut up, Tralter

The main purpose of ploughing consists in breaking and turning up the first layer soil in order to let soil incorporate air and bring fresh nutrients up to the surface, bury leftovers of previous crops and control weeds. In modern farming this is typically done by a tractor pulling a plough although in some parts of the world they still use a burdenbeast such as an oxen to pull the plough.

Yes, you are very clever and, indeed, knowledgeable but I was asking the meaning in reference to my post.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric

Post by phat_chris »

Blue Walter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 pm
phat_chris wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 pm

Shut up, Tralter

Yes, you are very clever and, indeed, knowledgeable but I was asking the meaning in reference to my post.
If you are asking what the meaning of Tralter in the original post is then I have no clue. At a guess, amalgamating Walter with Traitor, but could be a simple typo. Who knows.

If you are asking about my use of tractor then it's nothing but a continuation of the silly word-play of slightly adjusting the original word to create something obviously silly and unrelated.

Now get back in the field. Those carrots won't plant themselves.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Pompey55 »

One bonus on going up is that there will less crap grounds like Wycombe in the championship in particular those who don’t sell beer in the ground